The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Callum Smith with a close win against Skoglund. Groves would jab Smith to death easy.

Next up, BJS! Then, in a mere 3 hours or so, the big drama show!
I'm really hoping the fight lives up to mine - and everyone's - expectations and looking forward to it. I did lean towards Canelo but I'm going for the guns of Golovkin to power out Canelo as I think his natural comfortable position in this category is an advantage he'll benefit from and despite a strong push by Canelo, GGG will get the late stoppage
Canelo seems gassed already.

Have GGG winning so far.
GGG could be hit by a North Korean nuke and still walk forward.
118-110! Retire yourself ffs.
What a ****ing joke.

Everyone said it would be rigged.
118-110 wtf don't make it too obvious lads

Canelo did good and was brave, but GGG won that. :cool:
Canelo thinks he won at least 8 rounds LOL
"118-110 to canelo"
WTF THAT'S A SHOCKER
That judge needs to be BANNED
GGG won that. Canelo just didn't do enough
Adalaide Byrd gave Canelo 10/12 rounds (gave GGG rounds 4 and 7... that's it). Wow.

GGG robbed by a shocking judge, who could have seen that coming...?
Original post by coconut orgasm
"118-110 to canelo"
WTF THAT'S A SHOCKER
That judge needs to be BANNED
GGG won that. Canelo just didn't do enough

the momentum of ggg's punch that deflected made him look off balance and "shaky" I honestly thought aswell that he got hurt but it was odd he could stay punching that easily but nevertheless the judge was biased probably paid to give canelo the edge
Adelaide Byrd either was watching a different fight, couldn't contain her bias or was given a chunky bribe. Shocking score card, makes a Premier League official look competent.
(edited 6 years ago)
For the record, I had it a draw, so I'm happy with the decision despite that awful card from Byrd.

Canelo forever.
CJ Ross dat u??? 118-110 about to become the new 114-114. Can't say I'm surprised, a lot of people predicted this in the run up. Facing Canelo in LA, GGG had to drop him to win which just shouldn't be the case.
(edited 6 years ago)
missed it, wat happened :indiff:
I had it to GGG, but not by much. Some will scream robbery but this was extremely close. It's hard to believe one judge awarded Camelot with 118 - and GGG with only two rounds. There simply has to be rematch.
Bet on a draw so I'm absolutely chuffed with that lol, a little bit of birthday luck ? :lol:

I thought Golovkin just about but it was really close...
The first four rounds were a surprise to me. A real surprise. GGG struggled and looked surprisingly cautious, but then he started to deliver some strong jabs and fought his way into the bout. His sheer force was snapping Canelo's head back, but the rounds were tight and Canelo moved well enough - and stayed off the ropes enough - to make the bout seem a draw. Both took big punches and delivered big punches.

Canelo countered exceptionally at times and made GGG miss a LOT of shots. GGG is powerful, obviously, but a big key part of his dominance in the division has been the fact no opponent has been able to make him miss so often. His accuracy was nowhere near its usual standard last night.

But, like I said, I had GGG edging it - but a draw is fair.
The judge must of been one of those stupid women in the crowd screaming every time Canelo threw punches at Golovkins gloves.

It was a close fight no doubt but anyone giving Canelo a draw or win is clearly biased.
This is why you don't employ female judges, she should get back in the kitchen where she belongs. She won't judge the fight, just give it to which boxer is the cutest.

Latest