The Student Room Group

Anyone heard of Metamorphose?

Hi,

:confused: I have an interview lined up at Metamorphose for a sales and marketing role, which embarrassingly enough, I don't remember applying to! The role is mainly B2B sales, and I feel absolutely terrified as I have only ever had a standard retail B2C sales job. Anyone heard of this company? The pay is 21k, commission upto 30k, no idea if that's good or bad or even realistically possible to get that much commission! Does anyone have experience within B2B sales/industry, any advice would be great.

Edit: They also provide ISMM (Institute of Sales and Marketing Management) training throughout.

Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Yeah they are recruitment company basically if you get a job through them they give you a weeks training apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ebam_uk
Yeah they are recruitment company basically if you get a job through them they give you a weeks training apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply :smile: Any idea if the training is accomodation based, or just a day etc? I assume its the training in Cheltenham. As I haven't heard of the company I feel a bit edgy about it, do you know anything about it? I might be sounding really stupid, but I don't really understand how it all works, do you wait for a job while they set you up or something? :confused: He just mentioned that I applied for a role and its pay is 21k!
Reply 3
Original post by IloveDisney
Thanks for your reply :smile: Any idea if the training is accomodation based, or just a day etc? I assume its the training in Cheltenham. As I haven't heard of the company I feel a bit edgy about it, do you know anything about it? I might be sounding really stupid, but I don't really understand how it all works, do you wait for a job while they set you up or something? :confused: He just mentioned that I applied for a role and its pay is 21k!

To be honest, I reckon they advertise roles online through jobs site and generally mass interview loads of people to get them on the database.

Since they earn a commission when you interview at one of their target jobs, they are just training you if you get a job offer through them which could be in like 3/4 months time depending on the time it takes to get an a job offer.
Reply 4
Hi guys i have a interview there booked on thursday. Am in two minds whether or not to follow it up or not. Can anyone who has experienced the assessment day give me any tips or advice? Or some kind of direction? Would be much appreciated thanks
Reply 5
Original post by IloveDisney
Hi,

:confused: I have an interview lined up at Metamorphose for a sales and marketing role, which embarrassingly enough, I don't remember applying to! The role is mainly B2B sales, and I feel absolutely terrified as I have only ever had a standard retail B2C sales job. Anyone heard of this company? The pay is 21k, commission upto 30k, no idea if that's good or bad or even realistically possible to get that much commission! Does anyone have experience within B2B sales/industry, any advice would be great.

Edit: They also provide ISMM (Institute of Sales and Marketing Management) training throughout.

Thank you.

Hi i know your thread was posted a while ago but im am going through the same scenario. Was just wondering did you go ahead with the assessmeng or manage to get a job through this company? Any advice you can give me? Thanks
Original post by Mehzzzy
Hi i know your thread was posted a while ago but im am going through the same scenario. Was just wondering did you go ahead with the assessmeng or manage to get a job through this company? Any advice you can give me? Thanks

Hi Mehzzzy,I literally just got off the phone to a lady for the same interview. I am also in two minds about it and I have been invited to an assessment in two weeks.I take it this is just a "training", for getting us "equipped" to find b2b roles but not an actual guarantee with a job at the end?
Reply 7
Hey.
Did any of you two get in? And if yes then what was the outcome?

Thanks
Hey I just got off the phone with metamorphose and I got invited to an assessment day. Does anyone that has been through this process know if this actually leads to a job. Are there training fees or do they take a percent of pay if they find you a job?

Might be being silly but it all seems a little odd.

thanks
I know this is an old thread. But did you go through with it? I've just been of the phone to the lady and have a face time interview...never heard of this agency before
Original post by toniemmab
I know this is an old thread. But did you go through with it? I've just been of the phone to the lady and have a face time interview...never heard of this agency before

Look up reviews online...
I did my sales training through Metamorphose back in 2006! I applied to them first, went to the assessment day, they gave me a couple of jobs I could go for, so I applied (I was willing to move to another county so the job I applied for was at a really good business) and did all the usual research I would normally do for a job I really wanted, got the job and then the training began alongside my employment. I made trips to Cheltenham for training and had support that helped a lot day to day. They were really supportive and made getting into sales easy and rewarding. I enjoyed the structure of the training and found the organisation very helpful over the first two years of my new career. I went on to a good level of success and my sales role evolved, taking me all over the world, developing into technical sales, where I was installing industrial equipment in OEMs with a colleague. A very fulfilling role and I am now a business adviser, helping other businesses to grow. I hope it helps to have feedback from someone who used their service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending