The Student Room Group

Should I talk to the Y11 girl on my bus? I am 15.

I am 15 years old, but it seems dopamine has the same effect on me as every other member of humanity, because I seem to be in love with a 16 year old girl on my school bus. I thought I would somehow be exempt from the leashes of affection as I am an introvert and do not like socializing or people, but even though I dedicated myself to the pursuit of knowledge, she keeps distracting me. My poetry has metamorphosized from being about humanity to being solely about her. Moreover, my English Creative Writing Coursework included a character based on her. I managed to gain the courage to sit next to her on two occassions, asking her questions I was genuinly interested in such as 'what GCSEs are you doing?', 'what is classical civilisation like?', 'Do you have a favourite artist?' et cetera. This was 6 months ago and I have not been able to talk to her since then, but she is leaving for GCSE study leave in 2 weeks and I want to talk to her again. She will probably be back next year. I was also wondering if it is a good idea to giver her a poem I wrote for her. I realized that I differ from my peers greatly in this matter, since I do not actively pursue relationships for the sake of it, but this has startled me over the school year. If anyone has any advice then I would be grateful.
As a 17 year old girl, I guess you could try and talk to her
Idk I think you should try to be friends with her first. If she shared the same feelings you would be able to tell. She'll be carrying on the conversation or maybe gives you a friendly smile when entering the bus or even say hi or stares at u a lot but idk.

The poem seems like a good idea but personally I would wait before expressing my feelings until I'm sure of the other person's feeling.

But then again that is what I would do if I was in ur position and you're not me so....

Forget everything and just give her the damn poem. Even if she doesn't reciprocate those same feelings she probably won't ever forget the poem.

Idk what her personality is like but she'll definitely remember you

ALSO ONE IMPORTANT THING MOST GUYS AROUND THIS AGR THINK THEYRE ATTRACTIVE IDK WHY THET HAVE THAT MENATLITY AND SO IT FEEDS INTO THEIR EGO

maybe humble yourself a little and see whether your looks and personality are okay ishh and that she's not completely out ur league - I doubt it since 99% of the population is ugly 🤧

Hope this helps
MWAH
Reply 2
Original post by Tinkerbelle017
As a 17 year old girl, I guess you could try and talk to her
Idk I think you should try to be friends with her first. If she shared the same feelings you would be able to tell. She'll be carrying on the conversation or maybe gives you a friendly smile when entering the bus or even say hi or stares at u a lot but idk.

The poem seems like a good idea but personally I would wait before expressing my feelings until I'm sure of the other person's feeling.

But then again that is what I would do if I was in ur position and you're not me so....

Forget everything and just give her the damn poem. Even if she doesn't reciprocate those same feelings she probably won't ever forget the poem.

Idk what her personality is like but she'll definitely remember you

ALSO ONE IMPORTANT THING MOST GUYS AROUND THIS AGR THINK THEYRE ATTRACTIVE IDK WHY THET HAVE THAT MENATLITY AND SO IT FEEDS INTO THEIR EGO

maybe humble yourself a little and see whether your looks and personality are okay ishh and that she's not completely out ur league - I doubt it since 99% of the population is ugly 🤧

Hope this helps
MWAH

Thank you, however I am under no false pretences when it relates to my appearance. I know I am certainly not desirable in such a way. I also just want to talk to someone who shares my interests for once.
Most girls generally do go for personality. I do too
Maybe just charm her with ur poems but if it doesn't go as planned - she wasn't worth ur time and you'll definitely find someone in the near future - I'm sure of it I can tell I'm hardly ever wrong - you seem like a nice guy

I MANIFEST THAT YOU GET THE GIRL - the least I could do for my fellow introvert

Idk why I'm giving relationship advice as someone who's never been in one - maybe take everything I said with a pinch of salt

MWAH
Reply 4
Original post by Tinkerbelle017
Most girls generally do go for personality. I do too
Maybe just charm her with ur poems but if it doesn't go as planned - she wasn't worth ur time and you'll definitely find someone in the near future - I'm sure of it I can tell I'm hardly ever wrong - you seem like a nice guy

I MANIFEST THAT YOU GET THE GIRL - the least I could do for my fellow introvert

Idk why I'm giving relationship advice as someone who's never been in one - maybe take everything I said with a pinch of salt

MWAH

That is alright. Nor have I, but thank you for your advice.
Reply 5
A difficult one to know I think. There's always the fear that the people may take the pee out of someone giving a soppy poem. On the other hand she might really dig it and it kick start a wonderful relationship. Even Stevens would be that she appreciates it but doesn't feel the same way. Worst case other way around is that she thinks you are making fun of her. So a wide variety of ways it could go down, the above and everything in between. She could even just be non responsive to it. All really depends on the people involved, the prom written and the circumstance. Hence if you go forth know any response could be pretty random and may be completely different to what you were expecting. She might just giggle thinking it amusing and so on.

I know a lot of girls wish guys were a bit more Shakespeare but I don't think they realise that a lot of guys don't have much wherewithal about it. Many guys just don't want to drop themselves in it, risk being made fun off and humiliated over it. That's before they get to even knowing what to say, how to say it or how it will go down. At high school age also some girls can be immature and it not be the best approach for that age depending on the girl. That she is studying classical civilization maybe she is ok.

Other matter is how pretty she is? And does she know it? I mean not just to you but everyone else. Is she above average in looks like almost model like, an 8 out of 10 sort of thing where most blokes would admire her looks? If so then it could be a reach but who knows.

Other issue is many girls like a guy who is sociable and since you have said you are both then that might be a negative in her eyes depending on the girl. If she's a bit the same way then possibly less of an issue.

Just some things to weigh up, I'm not saying don't go for it. In some ways sometimes better just to do it and find out than always be left wondering for the rest of your life, what if you had???

Social embarrassment I think passes over time and people move on if it doesn't go so well just kind of be aware that not everything in life goes like in Hollywood.
Talk to her if you want to.

Don't give her your poetry. It's far too soon for that. You'll come off as a creep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending