The Student Room Group

Should I talk to the Y11 girl on my bus? I am in Y10.

I am 15 years old and have an IQ around 150-160, but it seems dopamine has the same effect on me as every other member of humanity, because I seem to be in love with a 16 year old girl on my school bus. I thought I would somehow be exempt from the leashes of affection as I am an introvert and do not like socializing or people, but even though I dedicated myself to the pursuit of knowledge, she keeps distracting me. My poetry has metamorphosized from featuring a general disgust for humanity to being solely about her. Moreover, my English Creative Writing Coursework included a character based on her (I got 30/30 by the way). I managed to gain the courage to sit next to her on two occassions, asking her questions I was genuinly interested in such as 'what GCSEs are you doing?', 'what is classical civilisation like?', 'Do you have a favourite artist?' et cetera. This was 6 months ago and I have not been able to talk to her since then, but she is leaving for GCSE study leave in 2 weeks and I want to talk to her again. She will probably be back next year. I was also wondering if it is a good idea to giver her a poem I wrote for her. I realized that I differ from my peers greatly in this matter, since I do not actively pursue relationships for the sake of it, but this has startled me over the school year. If anyone has any advice then I would be grateful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am 15 years old and have an IQ around 150-160, but it seems dopamine has the same effect on me as every other member of humanity, because I seem to be in love with a 16 year old girl on my school bus. I thought I would somehow be exempt from the leashes of affection as I am an introvert and do not like socializing or people, but even though I dedicated myself to the pursuit of knowledge, she keeps distracting me. My poetry has metamorphosized from featuring a general disgust for humanity to being solely about her. Moreover, my English Creative Writing Coursework included a character based on her (I got 30/30 by the way). I managed to gain the courage to sit next to her on two occassions, asking her questions I was genuinly interested in such as 'what GCSEs are you doing?', 'what is classical civilisation like?', 'Do you have a favourite artist?' et cetera. This was 6 months ago and I have not been able to talk to her since then, but she is leaving for GCSE study leave in 2 weeks and I want to talk to her again. She will probably be back next year. I was also wondering if it is a good idea to giver her a poem I wrote for her. I realized that I differ from my peers greatly in this matter, since I do not actively pursue relationships for the sake of it, but this has startled me over the school year. If anyone has any advice then I would be grateful.

no one cares about your iq
Reply 2
no one cares about your iq

I wanted to establish context.
Reply 3

bro this can. come off as a bit too strong. establish more of a relationship first cuz u said youve only talked to her like twice and six months ago. u dont wanna scare her away dude
Hmmm.... wow
Reply 5
I think she would be better off forming a relationship with someone else who doesn't base their personality around a number.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Femaiden
I think she would be better off forming a relationship with someone else who doesn't base their personality around a number.

I don't do that. I just wanted to convey the point that I did not think this would happen to me, because I have devoted my life so far and my future to academia. Apologies.
least obvious tsr bait post
Original post by Femaiden

Or their 30/30 poetry score
I don't do that. I just wanted to convey the point that I did not think this would happen to me, because I have devoted my life so far and my future to academia. Apologies.

To be fair you're in year 10 - I'm not sure you've dedicated your life to academia yet... you haven't even sat proper exams
Maybe catch up with her in 10 years times when you are a famous oxbridge professor with 13 Nobel Prizes
Reply 10
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
To be fair you're in year 10 - I'm not sure you've dedicated your life to academia yet... you haven't even sat proper exams
Maybe catch up with her in 10 years times when you are a famous oxbridge professor with 13 Nobel Prizes

I sat my A-levels this year in Physics, Mathematics and Further Maths this year, so I have at least done some formal examinations, but I recognise the validity of your point.

I think that you should try talking to her again. But giving her that poem isn't a good idea, since you two haven't talked for a while.

some ideas to start with:
- be courageous and actively engage/start conversations with her. you will never know her if you don't have the willpower to speak to her.
- don't show off or be excessively nerdy (this is seriously a red flag in the eyes of teenage girls, they wouldn't want to date a boring guy who has no fun in life and only focus on academics. even if you are really a nerd, try to make your image become cooler / funnier / can understand her wants and needs)
- most importantly, truly care about her by showing, not by solely telling.

good luck!
Reply 13
some ideas to start with:
- be courageous and actively engage/start conversations with her. you will never know her if you don't have the willpower to speak to her.
- don't show off or be excessively nerdy (this is seriously a red flag in the eyes of teenage girls, they wouldn't want to date a boring guy who has no fun in life and only focus on academics. even if you are really a nerd, try to make your image become cooler / funnier / can understand her wants and needs)
- most importantly, truly care about her by showing, not by solely telling.

good luck!

Thank you. Do you have any advice on how to avoid talking about academics, because that is all I am interested in and that has made me quite unpopular with everyone at my school.
Thank you. Do you have any advice on how to avoid talking about academics, because that is all I am interested in and that has made me quite unpopular with everyone at my school.

live your life and do other things than just revise
Reply 15
live your life and do other things than just revise

Academics and Research is all I am interested in though.

sorry to be blunt, but do please stop being over-intellectual. what teenage girls want is not your academic or career pursuit, but rather a likeable (not nerdy) personality and actions that show your doting and caring about them.

also, if you realize your excessive adoration of academics is unpopular among your schoolmates, why don't you try to change your behaviour? even if you're really a nerd, at least pretend that you're not and show some interest towards things that they enjoy in order to engage in their conversations.
Reply 17
sorry to be blunt, but do please stop being over-intellectual. what teenage girls want is not your academic or career pursuit, but rather a likeable (not nerdy) personality and actions that show your doting and caring about them.

also, if you realize your excessive adoration of academics is unpopular among your schoolmates, why don't you try to change your behaviour? even if you're really a nerd, at least pretend that you're not and show some interest towards things that they enjoy in order to engage in their conversations.

Stop taking the bait.
Reply 18

Most people are not worth talking too, because all they are concerned with are meaningless or disrespectful topics.
What a very TSR post, probable troll or no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending