Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiej3)
    Hi, I'm hopefully starting theatre studies this year and was just wondering if you knew anything of what the time table would be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Sophie,

Timetables aren't usually available until the beginning of September, but it might be worth emailing our timetabling unit at timetables@derby.ac.uk or giving them a call nearer the time on 01332 591431 (Derby) or 01332 594689 (Buxton).

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiej3)
    Hi, I'm hopefully starting theatre studies this year and was just wondering if you knew anything of what the time table would be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Sophie,

I'm afraid we can't release timetable information until you have enrolled. This is because they are subject to change and we don't want to be giving out the wrong information.

I would expect to be in for 3-4 sessions a week at 3-4 hours a time, but this is different for every course!

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm due to start Adult Nursing at Chesterfield in September and just wondered where I have to go when it's time to enroll? Will it be at Chesterfield or Derby campus?

Thanks
    H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheddar1)
    Hi

I'm due to start Adult Nursing at Chesterfield in September and just wondered where I have to go when it's time to enroll? Will it be at Chesterfield or Derby campus?

Thanks
    H
    Hey there,

You should be getting some instructions in the post very shortly which will outline exactly where you need to go and when to enrol, so I wouldn't worry :-)

Kind regards,
    Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was just wondering where you buy wristbands for freshers week? I was told you could get them now but I don't know where from! I just assumed you could get them once you get to the university

Thanks,

Joanna

ReputationRep:
    Hi Foodandcolour95,

Wristbands will be available to purchase online, or at the Students' Union newsagents, coffee shop, or Academy bar.

Currently they are not available, but keep checking the Students' Union website during the lead up to intake weekend.

Many thanks,
    Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am now here LIVE to answer all of your clearing questions and to say hi to any new students that we may have gained or who have had their place confirmed! Good luck to everyone getting their results today!

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Do foundation year students get the welcome pack that the uni send out soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)
    Do foundation year students get the welcome pack that the uni send out soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi simplylldxo,

Thanks for your question - it's dependent on which course you are starting on whether or not you get the welcome pack. Our 'Access' courses do not get the welcome pack, although the Foundation courses such as our Foundation Engineering course will get one.

Many thanks,

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    For the (BA Hons) Popular Music with Music Technology course, what is the enrolment day date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herbie989)
    For the (BA Hons) Popular Music with Music Technology course, what is the enrolment day date?
    You can view all our academic dates in the academic calendar, found here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentatozHE/academic-calendar

Thanks

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    What kind of counselling options are there at uni? o: I hope I'm not late on the uptake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spockbrows)
    What kind of counselling options are there at uni? o: I hope I'm not late on the uptake.
    We have our own Student Wellbeing Service, who are here to support you whilst making the change to university life.

Find out more:http://www.derby.ac.uk/student-wellbeing

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

In regards to ID for pubs, clubs etc. what is the recommended form of ID? Is the Citizen card accepted?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Crazyalex123,

Usually people will use either a driving license or a passport, however it would probably be a little risky to go out (especially as a fresher!) with your passport in case you lose it.

The rules on buying alcohol are the same nationally, and though a CitizenCard is a valid form of identification, some pubs have been known to not recognise them as proof of age: see here, and here.

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    When do mental health nurses get there timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can we smile on our student ID photograph?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ktelou)
    When do mental health nurses get there timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Ktelou,

It might be worth giving admissions a call if you haven't received it yet - call them on 01332 591167.

Many thanks,

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spockbrows)
    Can we smile on our student ID photograph?
    I think that would be okay - I look confused on mine.

Kind regards,

Joe Parker
    j.parker1@derby.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lynetteb35)
    Hi been looking on the website for a particular course which seems to have been taken off. It's the foundation degree children's and young people's services. Any ideas why I can't find it please?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Foundation degree's are run at local colleges. In derby you find it on the derby college website.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.