The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Live Q&A session

Scroll to see replies

Hi Foodandcolour95,

Wristbands will be available to purchase online, or at the Students' Union newsagents, coffee shop, or Academy bar.

Currently they are not available, but keep checking the Students' Union website during the lead up to intake weekend.

Many thanks,
Joe Parker
[email protected]
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Hi guys,

I am now here LIVE to answer all of your clearing questions and to say hi to any new students that we may have gained or who have had their place confirmed! Good luck to everyone getting their results today!

Stacey
Do foundation year students get the welcome pack that the uni send out soon? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simplylldxo
Do foundation year students get the welcome pack that the uni send out soon? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi simplylldxo,

Thanks for your question - it's dependent on which course you are starting on whether or not you get the welcome pack. Our 'Access' courses do not get the welcome pack, although the Foundation courses such as our Foundation Engineering course will get one.

Many thanks,

Joe Parker
[email protected]
Reply 164
For the (BA Hons) Popular Music with Music Technology course, what is the enrolment day date?
Original post by Herbie989
For the (BA Hons) Popular Music with Music Technology course, what is the enrolment day date?

You can view all our academic dates in the academic calendar, found here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentatozHE/academic-calendar

Thanks

Joe Parker
[email protected]
What kind of counselling options are there at uni? o: I hope I'm not late on the uptake.
Original post by spockbrows
What kind of counselling options are there at uni? o: I hope I'm not late on the uptake.

We have our own Student Wellbeing Service, who are here to support you whilst making the change to university life.

Find out more:http://www.derby.ac.uk/student-wellbeing

Joe Parker
[email protected]
Hi,

In regards to ID for pubs, clubs etc. what is the recommended form of ID? Is the Citizen card accepted?
Hi Crazyalex123,

Usually people will use either a driving license or a passport, however it would probably be a little risky to go out (especially as a fresher!) with your passport in case you lose it.

The rules on buying alcohol are the same nationally, and though a CitizenCard is a valid form of identification, some pubs have been known to not recognise them as proof of age: see here, and here.

Joe Parker
[email protected]
Reply 170
When do mental health nurses get there timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we smile on our student ID photograph?
Original post by Ktelou
When do mental health nurses get there timetable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Ktelou,

It might be worth giving admissions a call if you haven't received it yet - call them on 01332 591167.

Many thanks,

Joe Parker
[email protected]
Original post by spockbrows
Can we smile on our student ID photograph?

I think that would be okay - I look confused on mine.

Kind regards,

Joe Parker
[email protected]
Original post by Lynetteb35
Hi been looking on the website for a particular course which seems to have been taken off. It's the foundation degree children's and young people's services. Any ideas why I can't find it please?

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Foundation degree's are run at local colleges. In derby you find it on the derby college website.
Original post by Jolou88
Foundation degree's are run at local colleges. In derby you find it on the derby college website.

This thread is from 2013... Please check the dates in future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending