The Student Room Group

2nd Alevel RETAKE ...

am a 19 year old student who still haven't been to college yet ....

In February 2022 I started my A levels from scratch (AS and A2 components all together), and I took bio, chem, and math. Frankly, I didn't try my best in the June 2022 exam session and I ended up with DDe ( the e in math cause I got 2 zeros in statistics 2 and pure 3 so they counted it as an AS level pass grade)
I retook them all again in June 2023 and didn't study that much too (I am a HUGE procrastinator as you can tell) I even didn't open a book in April while my exams were in May. ended up with a CDD (C in bio)
I was a top student, I got 6A* in my IGCSEs and I was always ranked first in my school. Teachers loved me and I was expecting a very bright future back in 2022 when I was a senior. Yet now everything is different, this is my last chance to retake Alevels in the upcoming Oct session and i decided to try my best even if it was on the count of my mental health , so here i am i decided to resit bio ALEVEL (all compenents) and math ( AS pure 1 and s1)
i took a C in bio the last time with my grade being
p1: 22/40 ; P2: 47/60 ; P3:25/40 ; P4 :48/100 ; P5: 11/30
and in math
pure 1 :35/75 and s1 25/50
I am not going to ask if i stand a chance for an A (beacuse i know no one is capable to estimate my skills except me) if i took it in the next OCT session but i really need a hype up or else i don't know how to trust in my potentials anymore💔
Original post by taleenrehan90
am a 19 year old student who still haven't been to college yet ....

In February 2022 I started my A levels from scratch (AS and A2 components all together), and I took bio, chem, and math. Frankly, I didn't try my best in the June 2022 exam session and I ended up with DDe ( the e in math cause I got 2 zeros in statistics 2 and pure 3 so they counted it as an AS level pass grade)
I retook them all again in June 2023 and didn't study that much too (I am a HUGE procrastinator as you can tell) I even didn't open a book in April while my exams were in May. ended up with a CDD (C in bio)
I was a top student, I got 6A* in my IGCSEs and I was always ranked first in my school. Teachers loved me and I was expecting a very bright future back in 2022 when I was a senior. Yet now everything is different, this is my last chance to retake Alevels in the upcoming Oct session and i decided to try my best even if it was on the count of my mental health , so here i am i decided to resit bio ALEVEL (all compenents) and math ( AS pure 1 and s1)
i took a C in bio the last time with my grade being
p1: 22/40 ; P2: 47/60 ; P3:25/40 ; P4 :48/100 ; P5: 11/30
and in math
pure 1 :35/75 and s1 25/50
I am not going to ask if i stand a chance for an A (beacuse i know no one is capable to estimate my skills except me) if i took it in the next OCT session but i really need a hype up or else i don't know how to trust in my potentials anymore💔

These are my biology and chemistry notes for A Level OCR A
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13C5wge90aYaSRbPKDV2fYU1SI5oyBiFS2myCQMMNRUU/edit
Do you use savemyexams?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjb9aiEx_-AAxX-VkEAHYsYB-AQFnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.savemyexams.com%2F&usg=AOvVaw1J_bzh33d1_4qdix8_b5M1&opi=89978449
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2

i am taking CIE not OCR but thank you for the notes though they are pretty helpful
yes i am currently studying from save my exam notes
but do you think a person can improve in 3 months (i was 4 marks away from a B) can i pull it to an A?
Original post by taleenrehan90
i am taking CIE not OCR but thank you for the notes though they are pretty helpful
yes i am currently studying from save my exam notes
but do you think a person can improve in 3 months (i was 4 marks away from a B) can i pull it to an A?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest