The Student Room Group

Muslim - Am i allowed to have physical contact with the in this circumstance

So I know in islam we obviously can't hug the opposite gender but I was wondering if there's any exceptions because I work with an individual who has an intellectual disability and he's very affectionate I just don't if i'm meant to tell him I can't have physical contact with the opposite gender because he's really sensitive and might get upset.
Original post by mari2001
So I know in islam we obviously can't hug the opposite gender but I was wondering if there's any exceptions because I work with an individual who has an intellectual disability and he's very affectionate I just don't if i'm meant to tell him I can't have physical contact with the opposite gender because he's really sensitive and might get upset.

The best place to ask this question is IslamQA
Reply 2
Original post by RandomUser647

Is that an app?
Original post by RandomUser647

Acc I disagree. IslamQA is acc corrupt, hence banned in Saudi. Other places most often (the other top google searches) r fine to ask on. I’ve seen very misogynistic views on IslamQA too. It’s basically the opinions of a few (or even sometimes one scholar) and not rlly governed by enough legitimate scholars to rlly be viewed as correct. Example is the dude wrote that men r better than women 💀 I’m a man and this is not true. Baseless in Quran and sunnah. Spews some lies so best to avoid.

Regarding the Q, it is a difficult one. I am not of enough knowledge to answer but I can ask my friend who is slim and finishing studying at Madina university y this year inshaaAllah (in like a month). I would advise to try and communicate to him that you cannot make contact but in a respectful manner e.g. if he goes for a hug, step back but sorta nod ur head to show respect. It might be hard bc they’ve established physical contact w u so best to try and explain first inshaaAllah.
Reply 4
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Acc I disagree. IslamQA is acc corrupt, hence banned in Saudi. Other places most often (the other top google searches) r fine to ask on. I’ve seen very misogynistic views on IslamQA too. It’s basically the opinions of a few (or even sometimes one scholar) and not rlly governed by enough legitimate scholars to rlly be viewed as correct. Example is the dude wrote that men r better than women 💀 I’m a man and this is not true. Baseless in Quran and sunnah. Spews some lies so best to avoid.

Regarding the Q, it is a difficult one. I am not of enough knowledge to answer but I can ask my friend who is slim and finishing studying at Madina university y this year inshaaAllah (in like a month). I would advise to try and communicate to him that you cannot make contact but in a respectful manner e.g. if he goes for a hug, step back but sorta nod ur head to show respect. It might be hard bc they’ve established physical contact w u so best to try and explain first inshaaAllah.

The reason it was banned in Saudi is because it was not under the control of the government and they disliked that.

Regarding some of the points they make, Fiqh has a scope to be interpreted through 'Urf (customs), and therefore the way Islam is outwardly practiced in the Gulf may differ from other countries. An example is that in the Gulf, most women wear black or dull colours, and to wear bright colours would attract attention and thus contravene Hijab; in Indonesia, bright colours are the norm, so wearing them would not contravene Hijab.

I don't always agree with IslamQA like with regards to them saying that men are "superior" to women (like here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/43252) but this is a classically held opinion by a number of scholars, some of which they quote e.g. Ibn Kathir, and though I disagree with them, it would be wrong to imply they are just making their opinion up based on their "misogynistic" whims - there are some Hadith and Ayaat that are used to justify this opinion, though I disagree with the logic with which they are applied/interpreted.

They do a lot of good work and on the most part have made Fatawah accessible to people which is needed in this world of ignorance, so take the good and leave the bad, because there is no perfect website which pleases everyone and is 100% correct all the time.
(edited 12 months ago)
In Islam, the concept of physical contact between individuals of the opposite sex who are not closely related is often guided by the principle of modesty and avoiding situations that could lead to inappropriate interactions or temptation. This includes guidelines for interactions with non-mahram individuals (those who are not closely related by blood or marriage).

Commonly, physical contact like hugging or touching between non-mahram individuals is discouraged or avoided to maintain modesty and respect for personal boundaries. van rental dubai with driver However, interpretations and practices can vary among different Muslim communities and individuals. Some Muslims may be more strict in their interpretation of these guidelines, while others may have a more relaxed approach.

If you have a specific circumstance in mind and are seeking guidance on whether physical contact is permissible according to your beliefs and religious teachings, I recommend reaching out to a knowledgeable religious scholar or imam who can provide you with guidance based on the principles of your particular branch of Islam. They can help you understand how these principles apply to your situation and provide you with appropriate advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending