The Student Room Group

Utrecht University!

Hi! I see there is already a thread for UCU, however I thought it would be good to start one for people just going to Utrecht generally in September. I'll be going to UU to do a masters in law and think it's always nice to know a few faces before going :smile: Just finished my undergrad, and can't wait now! Would love to meet people who will be on my course or not. And if anyone has useful information such as finance, jobs or accommodation it's always appreciated! I can't seem to find much information on the introduction, if there is a freshers week or something similar? Anyway, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hey I am going to study a Public International Law Masters at Utrecht too! No idea about freshers just know there is an orientation week. Looking for accommodation at the mo and its a mare!
Reply 2
Hi! :smile: Oh cool! Have they sent you much info yet? I don't really seem to have much at all except how to pay tuition. Yeah accommodation is a right headache.. I just managed to find somewhere but only through a friend, feel very lucky, what sites you looking on? Have you visited Utrecht at all?
Reply 3
I've ordered a textbook and thats it! Ahh you are so lucky! Does your friend have any tips to find any? I am looking at websites where rooms are offered because the halls they offered are too far out and too expensive but the other websites make you pay so I think I am gonna have to pay for the most popular one! No I haven't! Have you? I am thinking I may go over if I can't find accommodation online from over here and just spend a couple days there to find something! Are you studying Public International Law too? Quite excited!
I'm going to summer school there.
Reply 5
haha I don't even have a textbook! :P I know, did you try on facebook? there's a few groups on there, before I got my room I was looking on there. I think there's one specifically for the law school. No I'm doing Criminology, but it's in the same place :smile: Yeah most their accommodation is at the Uithof and that's pretty far from town. Yeah I've spent a bit of time out there, the law school is in a really nice location (and handy for where all the pubs are!) My friend did tell me that spending a few days out there is best because they have open house evenings and then they just choose a housemate and that's the best way.

@ barnetlad: cool, what are you studying?
Reply 6
I'm going there for the summer school in august. I plan to stay for about a month starting from late July. I want to rent a room in a flat shared with others. Here in the UK, I always use gumtree and the facebook group. so does anyone know anything similar in Utrecht?
Is anyone going to university college roosevelt? If yes do u have any info on accommodations, nightlife etc.
Reply 8
Hi guys :smile: I'm starting at UU in September, doing an MA titled 'Politics and Society in Historical Perspective'. Just finished my undergrad in History at the Uni of Leicester, looking forward to getting out there now! Has anyone got any ideas what they are doing in regards to getting a phone out there, or even a sim?
Hey! I'm Mary Ann from India. I'll be coming to Utrecht to do my Masters in Sustainable Development. I'll be reaching Utrecht on the 29th of August '13. Can anybody help me out regarding accommodation? SSH (provided by the uni) is way too expensive. My budget is between 300 and 350 euro. Would be really glad to get help asap! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending