The Student Room Group

What is your favourite charity?

Poll

Which charity is your favourite?

The aim of this thread is to gather people's opinions on which charities they like best; in light of a new campaign (from TSR MAD) for TSR to donate 5% of the money from each subscriber to charity.
If a charity you like is not on the list, quote me and I'll add it! Once we've got enough votes I'll create a new thread where people can sign the petition.

Feel free to weigh in on whether you think it's a good idea or not; I know it's a gamble but it's definitely worth a shot! :smile:

Thanks for your support!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarvingAutist
The aim of this thread is to gather people's opinions on which charities they like best; in light of a new campaign (from TSR MAD) for TSR to donate £1 of the money from each subscriber to charity.
If a charity you like is not on the list, quote me and I'll add it! Once we've got enough votes I'll create a new thread where people can sign the petition.

Feel free to weigh in on whether you think it's a good idea or not; I know it's a gamble but it's definitely worth a shot! :smile:

Thanks for your support!

Have you actually got confirmation from anyone if this is even going to happen? In the end, this decision lies with the company behind TSR which I doubt will want to give away money from its main source of income to charity.
Reply 2
I don't think it's a very good idea.
Original post by majmuh24
Have you actually got confirmation from anyone if this is even going to happen? In the end, this decision lies with the company behind TSR which I doubt will want to give away money from its main source of income to charity.

No, that's what the petition will be about. This is just to choose the charity the petition will ask for donations to.

I did say in the OP that it lies with TSR. I'm not stupid :wink:

Clearly, you haven't read the OP, but we are petitioning (so not confirmed) and do you know who we can speak to re. this?
Original post by Prandtl

Expand? It's worth a shot, no? :smile:
Original post by Prandtl

Expand please.
Original post by nivvy21
Expand please.

:lol:

We are clearly connected to the same mind :tongue:
Original post by nivvy21
Clearly, you haven't read the OP, but we are petitioning (so not confirmed) and do you know who we can speak to re. this?

Even if you do petition, the end decision does not lie with you so you will not have any say in the matter.

Have you actually planned any of the details out behind this, including how much money you expect to raise? Even a petition from every member on here wouldn't justify a badly thought out plan that has no chance of succeeding :pierre:

No I don't, but I take it that it is the company behind TSR (Learn Together if I remember correctly)
Even if you do petition, the end decision does not lie with you so you will not have any say in the matter.

Have you actually planned any of the details out behind this, including how much money you expect to raise? Even a petition from every member on here wouldn't justify a badly thought out plan that has no chance of succeeding :pierre:

No I don't, but I take it that it is the company behind TSR (Learn Together if I remember correctly)

We know that! Its worth a try, as SA said, is it not?

We aren't planning on raising a certain amount of money tbh

And thank you!

StarvingAutist
x

What do you think?
No, that's what the petition will be about. This is just to choose the charity the petition will ask for donations to.

I did say in the OP that it lies with TSR. I'm not stupid :wink:

As I have said before, I doubt this will work and in the unlikely event that it does, have you even started planning or considering any details about this?

I myself am helping with a local charity event, so know how much effort is needed and I fail to see why people should donate to you instead of donating directly to one of the well known charities
Yeah... that's not going to happen.

Good thought though. :h:

The idea is simply to get TSR to donate £1 from each subscriber's payment to a charity (as chosen on this poll). Nothing complicated :wink:
Reply 13

Original post by nivvy21
Expand please.

Mainly I'd say it's not really my business what TSR does with subscriber income. And I don't think they should be goaded into giving any of it away.
Original post by CJG21

You never know :tongue: it's worth a shot, we've nothing to lose :h:
The idea is simply to get TSR to donate £1 from each subscriber's payment to a charity (as chosen on this poll). Nothing complicated :wink:

It may not seem complicated to you but there may be a lot of factors involved that make this more complicated.

Have you not noticed the lack of interest on this poll and how no one has actually supported this idea yet?
Original post by CJG21

Haha, thanks for the support though :tongue:

I think we should speak to someone about the possibility of it first?
Original post by Prandtl
Mainly I'd say it's not really my business what TSR does with subscriber income. And I don't think they should be goaded into giving any of it away.

Well it's up to them in the end, we can't change their final decision. If they want to, if the community supports it, great. If they don't, great.
It may not seem complicated to you but there may be a lot of factors involved that make this more complicated.

Have you not noticed the lack of interest on this poll and how no one has actually supported this idea yet?

I understand its fairly complicated and it hasn't been an hour yet, no need to be rude!
Isn't this similar to what L'evil fish tried a few moths ago but I don't think it worked, maybe you will be more lucky :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending