The British are the ugliest white ethnic group?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
joseon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
According to this poll the British are the most unattractive white ethnic group. Obviously any kind of poll on this subject is pretty suspect. Firstly, it's obviously a big generalisation to label an entire ethnic group as "ugly", as every group will have some attractive people and some less so. Attractiveness is also subjective to a certain degree, and some people will consequently disagree about what's attractive and what isn't. However, thhe consensus (from this poll and others) does seem to be that British people tend to rate quite low in terms of attractiveness when compared to other white ethnic groups. I'm originally from Korea, but I have travelled extensively and tbh I'd have to concur that British people in general, particularly when compared to Swedish, Dutch and Russian people do seem relatively unattractive. Would you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
bit superficial? what do you gain from this?
Gjaykay
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who cares?

People have preferences and if some lassie thinks all, say Australians, are hotter than me by geographical location then that isn't a lassie I would want to get to know.

Probably.

EDIT: Just read the poll, Scottish isn't last, suck it English people! :cool:
Libertine96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How can you take Anything seriously that has British and Scottish as separate
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Libertine96)
How can you take Anything seriously that has British and Scottish as separate
Well give it another year and it may well be correct lol
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Forgot that an internet poll on a random website was the definitive say on which nationality is most attractive. There is a stereotype of the 'ugly' British gentleman, which still persists. Could this, and other negative stereotypes perhaps be the reason for such results.

If we were to undergo a scientific study, involving people from various countries, showing them pictures of people from other countries including the United Kingdom and asking them to rate their attractiveness without revealing their origins, then perhaps we could come to a credible and informed conclusion on whether or not the British are the 'ugliest white ethnic group'. Until such a study is conducted that statement is utter rubbish.
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swanbow)
Forgot that an internet poll on a random website was the definitive say on which nationality is most attractive. There is a stereotype of the 'ugly' British gentleman, which still persists. Could this, and other negative stereotypes perhaps be the reason for such results.

Until such a study is conducted your statement is utter rubbish.
Please note that when a sentence has a question mark at the end it forms an interrogative, not a statement.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
All Britons, of all ethnic backgrounds and identities, are simply splendid to look upon. :love:
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumanCitizen)
Also who cares which white ethnic group is the ugliest, it's all a matter of opinion isn't it?
Yes it's just a matter of opinion, but I want to know whether it's a majority opinion or not.
truthteller1001
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by joseon)
According to this poll the British are the most unattractive white ethnic group. Obviously any kind of poll on this subject is pretty suspect. Firstly, it's obviously a big generalisation to label an entire ethnic group as "ugly", as every group will have some attractive people and some less so. Attractiveness is also subjective to a certain degree, and some people will consequently disagree about what's attractive and what isn't. However, thhe consensus (from this poll and others) does seem to be that British people tend to rate quite low in terms of attractiveness when compared to other white ethnic groups. I'm originally from Korea, but I have travelled extensively and tbh I'd have to concur that British people in general, particularly when compared to Swedish, Dutch and Russian people do seem relatively unattractive. Would you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Beauty is beauty.

But white people's beauty tends to be overrated and enhanced by social conditioning, to the point were even average looking white women like Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue who to me are all average looking women, but in the media they are seen as beautiful.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Please note that when a sentence has a question mark at the end it forms an interrogative, not a statement.
My apologies.

I shall edit it to 'the statement that..', hence taking away any incorrect connections to yourself.
i-love-coffee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the ugliest people on the earth are ones that judge purely on appearance.
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well give it another year and it may well be correct lol
Scottish should always be British. The island will still be called Britain.
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by i-love-coffee)
I think the ugliest people on the earth are ones that judge purely on appearance.
Wow, that's deep.
ACrooks
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by i-love-coffee)

I'd say judging someone on their race, makes them even more bilious-ly, ugly.
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by clh_hilary)
Scottish should always be British. The island will still be called Britain.
So you still call people from the Republic of Ireland British?
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ireland isn't in Britain, Scotland is (whether they like it or not :cool:)
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But isn't the island called Ireland?
joseon
Rep:
?
(Original post by yo radical one)
Ireland isn't in Britain, Scotland is (whether they like it or not :cool:)
Sure, at the moment. But it might not be soon, that was my point. Anyway, this is kind of off topic.
The Assassin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
agree with the poll
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads