The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Chinese 23/05/14

did anybody do the exam today? how did everyone find it? i thought the listening was quite difficult but the reading really easy, so hopefully the grade boundaries for listening will be pretty low :smile:
Reply 1
Reading was easy except the question about why the swimmer was moved or whatever. But in listening I swear they never used to speak that fast? I flunked the final question tho didn't understand half of it but that's my bad for not revising
Reply 2
Original post by Manexopi
Reading was easy except the question about why the swimmer was moved or whatever. But in listening I swear they never used to speak that fast? I flunked the final question tho didn't understand half of it but that's my bad for not revising

yeah, i got something about how she had big hands and feet?? i wasnt really sure though because it seemed like a really weird answer LOL.

i flopped the last question on the listening too, guessed most of it :frown:
Reply 3
I saw the word big and hand so went she had big strokes like swimming strokes lol xD
Yh all I got was something about a book shop or something?
Reply 4
I saw the word big and hand so went she had big strokes like swimming strokes lol xD
Yh all I got was something about a book shop or something?

yeah same lol and i heard something about how he found something uninteresting at the fitness centre so i just quickly wrote that down aha. ah well, lets hope edexcel acknowledges how ridiculous the listening was :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by heryeol
yeah same lol and i heard something about how he found something uninteresting at the fitness centre so i just quickly wrote that down aha. ah well, lets hope edexcel acknowledges how ridiculous the listening was :biggrin:

Omg yes I wrote it was very boring xD and I hope they do cause they spoke soooooo fast this year! But if loads of fluent speakers took it this year then we're screwed -.-
Reply 6
Omg yes I wrote it was very boring xD and I hope they do cause they spoke soooooo fast this year! But if loads of fluent speakers took it this year then we're screwed -.-

ikr omg there was a little year 9 chinese kid from my school taking the test and i saw him sleeping halfway through the exam and i was just like... crap he probably found it super easy oh dear. hopefully he was just an exception hahah
Reply 7
Original post by heryeol
ikr omg there was a little year 9 chinese kid from my school taking the test and i saw him sleeping halfway through the exam and i was just like... crap he probably found it super easy oh dear. hopefully he was just an exception hahah

We had year 8s and 7s doing it :s-smilie: oh crap and it's not that widely taught is it meaning most candidates will be fluent! Well there goes any chance at a good grade :angry:
Reply 8
We had year 8s and 7s doing it :s-smilie: oh crap and it's not that widely taught is it meaning most candidates will be fluent! Well there goes any chance at a good grade :angry:

well, if it makes you feel any better, the grade boundaries for last years reading and listening were 30/40 for A* so hopefully, if the same amount of fluent speakers took it this year as they did last year, it'll be okay :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by heryeol
well, if it makes you feel any better, the grade boundaries for last years reading and listening were 30/40 for A* so hopefully, if the same amount of fluent speakers took it this year as they did last year, it'll be okay :biggrin:

Really? Wow! I hope they're the same then cause I'm sure I got over 30 in both :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest