The Student Room Group

Chinese past paper (cantonese) -edexcel

Hi, do any one have access to the 2022 Chinese paper(it is locked in the edexcel website) ? As the GCSE exam is coming up I want to practice more on the listening paper (cantonese version), please tell where can i find it, thanks.
Reply 1
:0 brave man doing canto rather than mandarin, are u a native canto speaker?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by FesOsorpro

Yhh, I am from Hong Kong.
Reply 3
Original post by Sumikko
Yhh, I am from Hong Kong.

gum ok la, those recordings can be easily understood by primary 2 students
are u studying in hk or uk? If ur studying in uk I think your teachers will hv access to the locked past papers.
Older past paper also have similar difficulty to the recent ones ig, so if you really need past papers those could be good alternatives.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
gum ok la, those recordings can be easily understood by primary 2 students
are u studying in hk or uk? If ur studying in uk I think your teachers will hv access to the locked past papers.
Older past paper also have similar difficulty to the recent ones ig, so if you really need past papers those could be good alternatives.

Primary 2?!?! Nahh the recording is easy but when you need to answer the question while listening, that is hard !!!
I am studying in Uk btw.
I am doing the gcse without any help from the school, so i am suffering from finding new past paper.
Reply 5
Original post by Sumikko
Primary 2?!?! Nahh the recording is easy but when you need to answer the question while listening, that is hard !!!
I am studying in Uk btw.
I am doing the gcse without any help from the school, so i am suffering from finding new past paper.

As long as your teachers have got an exam board account, I'm certain that they have access to the newest past papers regardless of the subjects. Which exam board did u apply for? I might be able to give u some website for those papers(forget it, me blind to see thats edexcel..
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
As long as your teachers have got an exam board account, I'm certain that they have access to the newest past papers regardless of the subjects. Which exam board did u apply for? I might be able to give u some website for those papers(forget it, me blind to see thats edexcel..

http://www.pastpapersz.com/edexcel/gcse-chinese/
Here u go :smile:
Reply 7
Reply 8

To be honest I find Cantonese a lot easier than Mandarin lol
Reply 9
Original post by IcEmAn911
To be honest I find Cantonese a lot easier than Mandarin lol

lol true I forgot how to speak Mandarin
Reply 10
Original post by Sumikko
lol true I forgot how to speak Mandarin

I can understand a little bit as some words are a bit similar to Cantonese, otherwise I struggle! It's mainly because my family speaks Hakka and some of the words we use is similar to Cantonese which makes it easier for me to understand, whereas Mandarin is like a totally different language. It often confuses me when people from HK can speak Cantonese to a mainland Chinese person and they'll respond back in Mandarin and they can go back and forth and have no issues understanding each other!
imagine not being taiwanese and speaking both

Quick Reply

Latest