The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shabz(1997)
Strangely i can't wait for results day to see what i got lol.

Haha, yes same lol.
Reply 101
Original post by Pikki1234
I got 45.8 or something for the atom economy and 46 for percentage yield

I got the exact same but i rounded 45.8 up to 46 hope that's alright
Does anyone remember what the actual yield was i remember the predicted was 5.2
Does anyone know the total marks for this and the total marks available for the C4-6 Exam please, thanks? (:
Reply 104
Original post by TheStrikingOne
Does anyone know the total marks for this and the total marks available for the C4-6 Exam please, thanks? (:

85 because of the section D part
Reply 105
Original post by shabz(1997)
Does anyone remember what the actual yield was i remember the predicted was 5.2

5.2 predicted and 2.4 actual :smile:
Oooh, ok thanks for that. Looking at that i know remember rounding it up to 46.2% but at least i'll get one mark for the calculation.
Original post by safffxo
85 because of the section D part

Oh right, thank you.
Reply 108
Just wondering, does anyone have an predictions/ideas for what the grade boundaries for this paper will be??
I would say around 45-48 marks for an A looking at previous papers and their grade boundaries. Above 50 for an A*. Well anyways i am hoping this is the case so i will have a chance of obtaining an A in my first paper lol.
Why is everyone saying the paper was easier this year when it wasn't? Lol and what did you guys put for the plate tectonics one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jontypickles
Yes, the impure copper anode was on the left :P

what did you put on the 6 marker on the fertiliser? I think I go it wrong because I said increasing the temp will increase the rate of reaction but decrease percentage yield, increase pressure will increase percentage yield but increase cost and using catalyst will increase rate of reaction but decrease cost. I didn't say increase the percentage yield of fertiliser or whatever it was is that ok ? :s-smilie:
Compared to previous past papers this one was much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iJAKE
Probably I just thought the only problem with titanium was cost but he was only looking for enough to guid 1 bike frame so i said it didn't matter but idk, hope i get the marks...

I went for the one that was £900 per tonne :s-smilie:
Original post by kandykissesxox

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you joking ! the six marker last year was on atom economy and fractional distillation...
Original post by Juliasc
I swear the positive and negative terminals in the copper purification question were switched around? But I followed the labels anyway...

what did you guys put for the plate tectonics one ?apparently it was something about Africa lol... also what did you put on the 6 marker on the fertiliser? I think I go it wrong because I said increasing the temp will increase the rate of reaction but decrease percentage yield, increase pressure will increase percentage yield but increase cost and using catalyst will increase rate of reaction but decrease cost. I didn't say increase the percentage yield of fertiliser or whatever it was is that ok ? :s-smilie:
Does any one remember questions from the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kandykissesxox

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont think so?? the six mark questions were way harder this year, and i counted up the marks i should get on the paper and i got way lower than what i got when i did last years paper, lol
Original post by ellaKrives
what did you guys put for the plate tectonics one ?apparently it was something about Africa lol... also what did you put on the 6 marker on the fertiliser? I think I go it wrong because I said increasing the temp will increase the rate of reaction but decrease percentage yield, increase pressure will increase percentage yield but increase cost and using catalyst will increase rate of reaction but decrease cost. I didn't say increase the percentage yield of fertiliser or whatever it was is that ok ? :s-smilie:

For that one, I put this exactly:

In 1914, Wenger's continental drift theory was established, but it wasn't believed by most of the scientists at the time, due to a lack of evidence. However, in 1960, new evidence was found, such as the sea-floor spreading, which supported his theory, which increased support of his theory of plate tectonics.

For the six mark one, I put the equation and then:

The company uses a high temperature of 900 degrees, which is an advantage, because it will give the particles more activation energy and make collisions more frequent, thereby giving a high rate of reaction for the company. On the other hand, one disadvantage of their chosen conditions is the atmospheric pressure, as a much higher pressure would be needed to give a high rate of reaction. The company, however, might see their chosen pressure as advantageous, rather than disadvantageous, as it allows them to keep their building costs low and prevent possible explosions. The (named) catalyst allows the rate of reaction to be high, but without taking part in the reaction it self and affecting the yield.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by heryeol
i dont think so?? the six mark questions were way harder this year, and i counted up the marks i should get on the paper and i got way lower than what i got when i did last years paper, lol

I personally preferred this paper. Well what do you think you've got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending