The Student Room Group

english language exam time management

would it be better to spend 15 minutes on questions 1,2 and 3 ( three minutes to read over or even more if needed) and 30 minutes on the 4th (6 mins to go over the texts or even more) or to first read through all the texts for 15 mins and then do the questions for the recommended 12 for 1,2 and 3 and 24 for 4? i just think it would be better this way as you will be concentrating the texts when you are going to answer for them, but i am open to an better suggestions.
Reply 1
Do whatever you feel more confident with. However, what I will advise is that you compile your reading time during Q3 - Q4. One of the sources will be common throughout both questions, so you should annotate the source with both language features and thoughts and feelings.
Reply 2
Original post by ColeNate
Do whatever you feel more confident with. However, what I will advise is that you compile your reading time during Q3 - Q4. One of the sources will be common throughout both questions, so you should annotate the source with both language features and thoughts and feelings.

thanks that should also mean i will have more time to look over the other text and see what i can compare :smile:
You should do 5+6 first as they are worth more than the first 4
Only if your time management is really bad should you do so, I didn't and I missed the entire 5th question out which wanted to make me kill myself when I got out,
Be really strict on yourself, after the time has gone (think its like 12 minutes for the first question) even if its unfinished, move on.
If you have time at the end then you can go back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest