The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frostyy
You're either gay, or a girl (perhaps both?) Sir/Madam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One, or both of those, may be true.

But I guess that you are, what, 15? 16? and I assume you are chasing at roughly the same age (but legally of course) makes me cringe a lot more since it was quiiiiiiite a long time since I was that age and no longer have any interest in that bracket :tongue:

Not fun bit: If you post about these activities but it turns out it's illegal what you are doing, the punishment will be severe.
I'm 17. 18 next year. Everything's legal... hopefully xD
I'm exhausted. I just got back from my prom. No revision for me this weekend. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
Glad to have helped. :biggrin: Hope it works for you too!

Which texts are you doing? I'm doing Pliny (Arria, Day in Life, Death) and Virgil (Nisus and E). :smile:

I'm doing Cicero (Verres), Livy *scowls in disgust* (Mucius Scaevola), Horace (Traveller's Tale and Ship of State) and Virgil (Storm at Sea). I'm jealous of you guys who only do two authors and only have to learn two styles of writing!
Original post by Nirgilis
Wut?

How're you doing so many? :zomg:

I take 12 GCSEs, 2 which i completed last year
Original post by Saarah99

It's been nearly 6/7 years since my GCSEs, and the most exams I've taken in one sitting between now and then was 8 :lol: . I feel for you, I really do :tongue:
got a letter from the college this morning, slightly annoyed at the contents..

Why would they send me a letter about that when the school have told them to talk to me about my situation via them only.. :/
Original post by Nirgilis
It's been nearly 6/7 years since my GCSEs, and the most exams I've taken in one sitting between now and then was 8 :lol: . I feel for you, I really do :tongue:

i feel though it ruins my chances of getting good grades but my school made me take 12 and most take 9 which is not fair :frown:
Original post by SampleX
I'm exhausted. I just got back from my prom. No revision for me this weekend.
Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: How was it? Fun?

Original post by roarchika
I'm doing Cicero (Verres), Livy *scowls in disgust* (Mucius Scaevola), Horace (Traveller's Tale and Ship of State) and Virgil (Storm at Sea). I'm jealous of you guys who only do two authors and only have to learn two styles of writing!

I never thought about it that way! I guess you're right.... :biggrin:
Though we have to learn more of a story that drags on forever :mad:.

Ouch...? Good luck for your exams anyways. :smile:

Original post by Midnightmemories
got a letter from the college this morning, slightly annoyed at the contents..
Why would they send me a letter about that when the school have told them to talk to me about my situation via them only.. :/

Maybe they forgot...? Or decided that this way would be less complicated for them...? :s-smilie:

Maybe they forgot...? Or decided that this way would be less complicated for them...? :s-smilie:

But surely if a school tells them to only contact them about it, then they should? Now i've been asked about it by my mum and i don't really want to tell her anything...

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories
But surely if a school tells them to only contact them about it, then they should? Now i've been asked about it by my mum and i don't really want to tell her anything...

Spoiler

Yh, that's pretty insensitive of them. :frown:

I hope it all works out. :h:

Though maybe tell your mum part of the situation - I understand that you don't want to - but at least telling her something about it, even the most brief summary/a part of it that you know she would understand, would help so that she knows whats going on without the details that you don't want to reveal so that she won't continually ask you about it...? Then when you're ready to tell her (if you eventually want to :smile: ) then it's not out of the blue, and she might be more accepting of the situation.
You know, dripfeed and all that. :biggrin:

Good luck for the interview though :smile:
Original post by tryrevise
Literally just learn the mark scheme. That is all you can do and it is the same every time. You could watch these http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLByPbjswT_xOc6wLIo_5mLq8EZCvwvbBb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Strom
I hate ISAs. I guess just make sure you know what questions are likely to come up, like context and alternate methods and things.:biggrin:

Thank you both! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:biggrin: How was it? Fun?

I never thought about it that way! I guess you're right.... :biggrin:
Though we have to learn more of a story that drags on forever :mad:.

Ouch...? Good luck for your exams anyways. :smile:

Ahhhhh it was amazing! I woke up this morning and just cried my eyes out because I realised it was over, and high school was over, and o needed to study and get my life together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm exhausted. I just got back from my prom. No revision for me this weekend. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't be going to prom as it is the night before my C3 (for me it's the hardest of all i take) exam. Only, around 28 people in my year do triple science so we are the last ones to finish exams, where as everyone else will have them done a week before us :frown:
I won't be going to prom as it is the night before my C3 (for me it's the hardest of all i take) exam. Only, around 28 people in my year do triple science so we are the last ones to finish exams, where as everyone else will have them done a week before us :frown:

Nooooo! I know everyone says it, but you will regret it, right up until a week before my prom I was seriously considering not going, but I am so glad I went - drunk teacher dancing and kissing not to be missed

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have C3 on 14th May? AQA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, guys, I have s quick question. The college I'm heading off to in September offers German at A-Level, and I'd love to take it. I'm already taking French and Spanish, and I'm bilingual. I really want to study languages in the future. The only problem is I haven't studied German before - do you think they'll let me take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know many of you will be doing past papers now so for those of you who are interested - AQA have release the June 2014 papers on their website now. A fair number of you were looking for them before so you can find them there. :smile:
Original post by SampleX
Ahhhhh it was amazing! I woke up this morning and just cried my eyes out because I realised it was over, and high school was over, and o needed to study and get my life together.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, it must have been great. :smile: We don't have prom... :frown:

Also, guys, I have s quick question. The college I'm heading off to in September offers German at A-Level, and I'd love to take it. I'm already taking French and Spanish, and I'm bilingual. I really want to study languages in the future. The only problem is I haven't studied German before - do you think they'll let me take it?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It might be a bit risky if you have no prior knowledge as I think french and spanish are quite different from german...? Check with the college though first! Will it be like an extra?
I have my igcse English exam on tuesday and I was wondering does anyone know how I would write a report if it comes up and is it any different to a news paper article?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest