The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6260
Original post by AvKar
I do OMAM too but I think just knowing what happens and which characters are in each chapter helps a lot with quotes, especially if it's a character question.
Ch1- George and Lennie, making their way to the ranch
Ch2- they all basically play cards and are being introduced to G and L. Most of the ranch workers are mentioned but I think the key character developments are Curley, Curley's wife and Slim. Carlson is a minor character but if he does come up (I'm praying he doesn't) then this chapter has most of the little you can say about him.
Ch3- Candy's dog is shot, they talk about the 'cathouse', G, L and Candy talk about dream and Curley and Lennie fight. There's good quotes about G and L's relationship and dream, Candy and dog.
ch4- basically everyone who is discriminated against comes together in Crooks' bunk- most of Crooks' character is developed here
Ch5- Lennie killed puppy, Curley's wife's dream, Lennie kills Curley's wife, Candy's want for the dream is made clear near the end of this chapter
ch6- Lennie starts thinking of Aunt Clara and a giant rabbit in his head, SPOILER G kills L (of course) and their relationship is brought to a close

OMGG! This is so helpful, thanks! 😄
Do you think for curcible John proctor could come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6261
Original post by SSAA9
OMGG! This is so helpful, thanks! ������
Do you think for curcible John proctor could come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's okay! Happy to help 😄 I don't study the Crucible unfortunately so won't be able to answer that- I do the Woman in Black which is annoying because I feel like hardly anyone else does it 😋
Reply 6262
Original post by TH3-FL45H
There's no way that there would be a whole question on Carlson. Apparently Candy is really likely this year

Well thank god- I have no idea what could be asked on Carlson if it was so that's reassuring but tbh I wouldn't really like a question on Candy either- I feel like I can relate to his dog more than him so if the dog isn't part of that then I'm screwed 😒 all I can talk about is discrimination but the language techniques used for Candy's character development ade minimal so I'm just praying for an easy question 🙏🙏
Original post by tryrevise
Foreshadowing is used quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah like when it says when Jack is introduced something about his hair being "red beneath the black" showing his inner savagery is yet to be unleashed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find it?
Reply 6265
Is everyone ready for english lit tomorrow?
Original post by sditta
How did you find it?

I thought it was a good paper tbh. Pretty sure of an A*. Thought it was easier than the biology paper. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanire
Is everyone ready for english lit tomorrow?

Not really no :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6268

What are you doing, Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls?
what questions should we talk about language techniques in (in tomorrow's AQA English)?
if anybody wondering, yes, you have to
AO2
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :ahee: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :ahee: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you, too! I'm so nervous :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanire
What are you doing, Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls?

Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6274
How did everyone find eng lit today? I was happy Parris came up but I didn't like the omam questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
How did everyone find eng lit today? I was happy Parris came up but I didn't like the omam questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I didn't like the of mice and men question. Part b was alright but I couldn't find anything to put for part a. AIC went alright for me though (hopefully that will bring my grade up to an A although there is always poetry)

Has anyone else got geography SDME tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Easy. Nailed the ****. A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was okay. Couldn't find one of my quotes in the book so had a bit of a panic. I'm not going to say it was hard, but it wasn't easy either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I didn't like the of mice and men question. Part b was alright but I couldn't find anything to put for part a. AIC went alright for me though (hopefully that will bring my grade up to an A although there is always poetry)

Has anyone else got geography SDME tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing the geography SDME tomorrow. I hope it''s on aid.
English today wasn't to bad, but why was the OMAM extract just the bunk house? :frown:

Latest