The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, if you haven't seen exam timetables:

AQA: http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCSE-JUN15.PDF
Edexcel:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/7214%20GCSE%20June%202015%20Prov%20Timetable%20v3_DTP.pdf

Edexcel's is provisional. (But probably won't change)
In terms of revision I tend to do half an hour slots with 15 minute breaks, because it keeps your attention. :smile:
What subjects are you guys taking? :smile:
Original post by Martie08
In terms of revision I tend to do half an hour slots with 15 minute breaks, because it keeps your attention. :smile:

Do you get enough done in half an hour? Also how many slots do you do in a row?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by basham97

English lit
English lang
Maths
Core, additional & further additional science
R.E
Citizenship
Geography
French
Arabic

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
Yep but I'll have quite a lot of exams to prepare for :yep: What about you?

I have 28 exams :grin:

You're going to take AS Creative Writing in year 11?
Original post by NathalieGW

Nice, around the same as me then!! Yep, my english teacher wanted to do AS Literature but the local college advised against it :smile:

Edexcel:http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/7214%20GCSE%20June%202015%20Prov%20Timetable%20v3_DTP.pdf

eurgh...the dates for french and further additional (triple) science though!!
Reply 628

Do you happen to know where I could find the CIE IGCSE timetable? :smile: or OCR?
Original post by nox1
Do you happen to know where I could find the CIE IGCSE timetable? :smile: or OCR?

OCR: here

CIE are weird and they don't publish anything... It'll turn up.
Reply 630
Original post by danconway
OCR: here

CIE are weird and they don't publish anything... It'll turn up.

Thanks! Haha okay :wink:

Are you still on holiday?
Original post by basham97

English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Double Science
Geography
History
Business Studies
Spanish
Sports Leadership

You?
Original post by Archaeologist
Are you still on holiday?

I am and I'm really enjoying it :smile:
I do it, but have no idea what the theme will be :biggrin: what themes have you don't for coursework? I've done Time, I'm doing Order and Disorder now and I'm doing Natural Forms after that and finally the exam project obviously :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kauther99
Do you get enough done in half an hour? Also how many slots do you do in a row?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it depends how close to the exam it is. If it's pretty close and it's weekend/holidays, it looks like this:
10-10:30am - Subject 1
10:45-11:15 - S2
11:30-12:00 - S3
2:30-3pm - S4
3:15-3:45 - S5
4-4:30pm - S6

With the breaks (if you do something unrelated) it allows time for the information to sink in, so your brain doesn't get 'overloaded'.
You don't get loads done in half an hour, but the thing is, it makes no difference, because you'll still have the same amount of time to revise as if you were doing it in 1 hour slots, it's just broken down more. It means you're more 'sharp'; you're going to work much harder for two separate half-hour slots, and learn more, than a 1 hr one, because you'll end up slacking off or your brain going a bit 'fuzzy' by the end of the hour, if you see what I mean.

It's also important to go back over things:
(edited 9 years ago)
I am and I'm really enjoying it :smile:

When do you return to England?
Original post by Archaeologist
When do you return to England?

September 1st. Have you been on holiday at all this year?
Reply 638
Well, it depends how close to the exam it is. If it's pretty close and it's weekend/holidays, it looks like this:
10-10:30am - Subject 1
10:45-11:15 - S2
11:30-12:00 - S3
2:30-3pm - S4
3:15-3:45 - S5
4-4:30pm - S6

With the breaks (if you do something unrelated) it allows time for the information to sink in, so your brain doesn't get 'overloaded'.
You don't get loads done in half an hour, but the thing is, it makes no difference, because you'll still have the same amount of time to revise as if you were doing it in 1 hour slots, it's just broken down more. It means you're more 'sharp'; you're going to work much harder for two separate half-hour slots, and learn more, than a 1 hr one, because you'll end up slacking off or your brain going a bit 'fuzzy' by the end of the hour, if you see what I mean.

It's also important to go back over things:

This is how I tend to do things too, but I can only cope with about 2 hours/3 hours at a time even with the little breaks. :P I'd rather do a couple of hours in the morning, go out at 1 or 2ish and then do some more in the evening.

I've heard a lot of people saying not to revise in the evening since your brain is tired, but I've never found this? I tend to dip in the afternoon haha. Anybody else the same?
Original post by evekip
This is how I tend to do things too, but I can only cope with about 2 hours/3 hours at a time even with the little breaks. :P I'd rather do a couple of hours in the morning, go out at 1 or 2ish and then do some more in the evening.

I've heard a lot of people saying not to revise in the evening since your brain is tired, but I've never found this? I tend to dip in the afternoon haha. Anybody else the same?

My brain's much more fresh in the morning, and then I dip in the afternoon, yeah. I think some people are morning people, and some aren't.
That 'timetable' is only when it's really close to the exam; earlier I'll basically do less in the afternoon.

Latest