The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tryrevise
I already missed one college open evening because I forgot it was on :biggrin: there are a few in a couple of weeks I should really go to, but I think I'm probably just going to stay at my current school's sixth form as it has the best reputation. I'll probably only apply to the ones in the city centre though, because all the other ones with really good reputations are too far away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would say go anyway to them anyway, just in case you dont meet the entry requirments for your schools sixth form. im planning on going to college next year as i cant study what i want to at my school, but if i wanted to stay i would need like 7cs miniuim to do anything there.
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
I've done two but I'm resitting core science because I was 1 mark off an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did u get in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying the Arab Israeli conflict in History for my coursework. I'm going to meet some Palestinians tomorrow and I might get chance to ask some questions. What do you think I should ask, and do any of you have any advice as to how to take notes?
Original post by Kyou
I have no tests.
I do everything at the end of Year 11 (May-Juneish).
I DO have tons of coursework though.
I don't really care about Maths or the Sciences, as I've been getting As in them, however Drama is harder then either of those two. ??

Same here for coursework.

This is really bad, but I'm failing one subject and I have just stopped caring. I'd rather focus on things I'm good at and enjoy. One bad grade isn't worth my stress any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also good website for backpacks please guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Also good website for backpacks please guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a Jansport this year (expecting it to last me a while!) can't remember the website but if you search 'buy Jansport uk' or something it'll probably come up.

Edit: the website is called ePacks. It's based in the UK so delivery was quick and they have warranty.
(edited 9 years ago)
I really need to do some revision for mocks but I'm just so lazy at the moment! :frown:
Original post by Steliata
I was on the borderline on whether to take music or art. In the end I took music and I'm so glad I did because it's brought me so far :awesome:

How did you find theory? I like the way they run the exam so you get loads of time and can leave when you want. It'd be nice to have that with GCSEs... :rolleyes:

Sorry to just but in like this

It's fine. :smile:

I didn't really enjoy theory as it prevented me from doing practical, but I liked how I could leave 45 minutes early in the exam! Doing Grade 4 and 5 took me a while as it was pretty difficult. :smile:

What do you do in music GCSE?
Original post by sunday_morning
It's fine. :smile:

I didn't really enjoy theory as it prevented me from doing practical, but I liked how I could leave 45 minutes early in the exam! Doing Grade 4 and 5 took me a while as it was pretty difficult. :smile:

What do you do in music GCSE?

We do composition, practical and some theory/history. We're doing our compositions mainly at the moment, I didn't think I'd enjoy it but now I'm into it I find it really fun.
I got an A on that music mock I was worried about, what even :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here doing french? Got my writing exam tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone interested in doing the international baccalaureate rather than a-levels? The IB seems like the right choice for me, but it's only offered in one place in the north east and that's Newcastle sixth form college, which has a bit of a hit and miss reputation.
I really don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by tryrevise
I got an A on that music mock I was worried about, what even :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, congrats! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _sillygoose
Is anyone interested in doing the international baccalaureate rather than a-levels? The IB seems like the right choice for me, but it's only offered in one place in the north east and that's Newcastle sixth form college, which has a bit of a hit and miss reputation.

If the college isn't great and doesn't have a best reputation, then it's probably best to just do A levels somewhere better. I've heard before that students in places which aren't particularly good or experienced in the IB tend to be quite let down in terms of results - it's only worth taking the IB in a school that is well known for being good at running it as it is so challenging. It's a shame really, as it seems like a great course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, why do you think that the IB is the right choice for you? :smile:
Reply 1755

You could try and find a good boarding school that does the IB. :smile:
Anyone here doing french? Got my writing exam tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do and so do a few other people. What topic is your writing on? I have a speaking after half term on holidays and I did a writing just before summer on the school day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
Yeah I do and so do a few other people. What topic is your writing on? I have a speaking after half term on holidays and I did a writing just before summer on the school day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What grade did you get on it?mine is on 'mes problems' :tongue: & good luck with your speaking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else hate it when teachers get mad at you for a grade that they think you shouldn't have got when it was them who didn't explain it and they don't express the same annoyance at other people who got the same?

God, I'm probably being biased and a hypocrite and gah, who cares... Sorry about this. Needed to rant.

The weather sucks ok...
What grade did you get on it?mine is on 'mes problems' :tongue: & good luck with your speaking!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an A* but I'm really worried it will get marked down if grade boundaries change or something, and good luck with your writing, I hope you do great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest