KatieAlex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just had my first day of A level today and i am already drowning in work! i am trying to devise a system of organisation but i am lacking creative ideas. any thoughts???
ProudGeekLoveIt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KatieAlex)
Just had my first day of A level today and i am already drowning in work! i am trying to devise a system of organisation but i am lacking creative ideas. any thoughts???
It gets easier once you get into a routine... Always do what needs doing for the next day 1st, and prioritise. Well, that's how I managed AS, I'm now in A2 :')

Keep Calm, panic and you'll feel more overwhelmed, trust me.
KatieAlex
Rep:
?
Thanks. All teachers are saying we need this and we need that and assigning homework and progects on the first day, baptism of fire or what!!!
HeyFromNY_USA
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My thing is always to just...
get it over and done with.
As soon as I'm assigned, get to it.
But then again I can bust out over 10 pages for a paper in a couple hours.
I'mNoSuperman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Summarise everything you've done each day when you get home, then on the weekends summarise/ cover everything you did in the past week. That'll keep you on top of things.
KatieAlex
Rep:
?
Also are there any good stationary tips or sites as i need new stuff and it may give me abit of a lift and kick start to have some nice bits and pieces to use x
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Download an internet blocker of some kind to keep on top of the homework. Make sure you have a planner of some kind (I don't use my sixth form planners, I instead use an app called School Schedule Duluxe).

As for the paper and sheets you have, have a plethora of plastic wallets, ring binders, folders, all sorts. Your organisational needs will change for each subject, and you may need to change it around.

It'll take a few weeks, and it may take time, so the important thing is to not panic! You've got time to adjust.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.5%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.75%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
27.5%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.5%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.75%

Watched Threads