The Student Room Group

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had my first day of A level today and i am already drowning in work! i am trying to devise a system of organisation but i am lacking creative ideas. any thoughts???
Original post by KatieAlex
Just had my first day of A level today and i am already drowning in work! i am trying to devise a system of organisation but i am lacking creative ideas. any thoughts???

It gets easier once you get into a routine... Always do what needs doing for the next day 1st, and prioritise. Well, that's how I managed AS, I'm now in A2 :')

Keep Calm, panic and you'll feel more overwhelmed, trust me.
Reply 2
Thanks. All teachers are saying we need this and we need that and assigning homework and progects on the first day, baptism of fire or what!!!

My thing is always to just...
get it over and done with.
As soon as I'm assigned, get to it.
But then again I can bust out over 10 pages for a paper in a couple hours. :s-smilie:

Summarise everything you've done each day when you get home, then on the weekends summarise/ cover everything you did in the past week. That'll keep you on top of things.
Reply 5
Also are there any good stationary tips or sites as i need new stuff and it may give me abit of a lift and kick start to have some nice bits and pieces to use x

Download an internet blocker of some kind to keep on top of the homework. Make sure you have a planner of some kind (I don't use my sixth form planners, I instead use an app called School Schedule Duluxe).

As for the paper and sheets you have, have a plethora of plastic wallets, ring binders, folders, all sorts. Your organisational needs will change for each subject, and you may need to change it around.

It'll take a few weeks, and it may take time, so the important thing is to not panic! You've got time to adjust.

Quick Reply

Latest