The Student Room Group

Romanticising A Levels 2024

A Levels are tough, as we all know! But we can always romanticise the whole process! This is a space for Year 13 students (sitting A Levels in 2024) where we can leave motivational quotes, give our best revision tips etc! :heart:

We've got this!!

Introduce yourself with what A Levels do you do, where you're from and let the romanticising begin!! :lovedup::five::grouphugs:
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am Emmanuella studying A Level AQA Psychology, Sociology and Spanish :smile:!

my motivational quote is 'the cost of procrastination is the life you could have lived'
a good revision tip of mine is to download the apps erika and flora: flora for study sessions and erika for blocking those social media apps for at least 2hrs :smile:

interested to see what you guys say :smile: :heart:
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
A Levels are tough, as we all know! But we can always romanticise the whole process! This is a space for Year 13 students (sitting A Levels in 2024) where we can leave motivational quotes, give our best revision tips etc! :heart:
We've got this!!
Introduce yourself with what A Levels do you do, where you're from and let the romanticising begin!! :lovedup::five::grouphugs:
Hi! I love this idea - year 13 is so tough haha
I study A Level English lit/lang, Geography and History

My favourite study tip? Flashcards and essay plans all the way :smile:
We've got this!!
Heya! I'm Kay, I do aqa alevel psychology, history and English literature :smile:

My fav motivational quote is either "consistency is more important than perfection" or "be addicted to the feeling of having your sh*t together"

And my study tips are to integrate revision little and often (those of you who follow my gyg will know how obsessed I am with my 10 minute revision session), to use flashcards and to apply my knowledge to exam questions often. I also like to RAG rate topics so I know what to focus my revision on!
We've got this!!
hiii! I'm amy and i do biology chemistry maths and epq !!

my favourite quote right now is: only YOU can change your future

a tip that i like to recommend is to switch up your studying every now and then whether its studying in a different workplace (library, cafe, kitchen table) and also doing different things to revise! for me doing the same thing every single day can be so daunting and boring which makes me very unmotivated so this really helps!
We've got this!!
Hi!
This is aspiring survivor as the name foreshadows, I am trying to survive year 13 :smile:
I do AQA Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and EPQ.

The quote that really keeps me going is ‘With hardships come ease’- just gives peace that whatever hardship I am going through, i will find solace in it afterwards and that thing will have prepared me better for the future.
And the fact that we have such a short life, why not spend it doing something I enjoy.

My revision tip, is staying consistent! Whether you do revision for 10 minutes one day or 2 hours the other day, all of it counts and will help you so much more than you know it.
(edited 1 month ago)
We've got this!!
@rxnia :smile:
Reply 7
my motivational quote is 'the cost of procrastination is the life you could have lived'
a good revision tip of mine is to download the apps erika and flora: flora for study sessions and erika for blocking those social media apps for at least 2hrs :smile:
!!
Original post by adbag
!!
heya do you have a motivational quote you want to give?
We've got this!!

Hi i'm Janae. I do English lit, History and sociology. For essay subjects i'd say do lots of past papers and get your teachers to mark practice essays you do for revision. Also, if you can't focus and need to block out social media apps use forest app, whilst you work it grows a tree if you leave the app the tree dies.
We've got this!!

@erin11 @aamina.hs @sailormoonmeow @miss_nia @r_kkk @A.2KK @_fafa233 @nex88g
Reply 11
We've got this!!

I study Biology, Chemistry and Maths and right now my best tip is put together a to-do list with timings.
Keep track of what you're doing and pretend to teach a classroom.

My favourite motivational quote right now is: 'Be comfortable with the uncomfortable'
In a sense it's telling you to step outside you're comfort zone. If you think you need to look at your phone or social media and if you don't, you feel all prickly, BE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT.
Reply 12

Thanks for the tag! My name is Dee and I study Biology, Chem and Maths. I would say one of my fave quotes is failure to prepare is preparation to fail.

thanks for tagging me!! I love this idea
I am fafa (Yr13 ofc) and I do Bio Chem Psych and am from Londonnn
My motivational tip is ' make future you proud'
and my tip would be using 'opal' which is an app that blocks other apps (basically military screen time lol)
(edited 1 month ago)

thank u for the tag <33

i'm nia!! i do chem, phys, maths and further maths. my current motivation is the idea of "finishing a story"; these a levels mark the end of my childhood and secondary education. additionally finishing the story is my way of proving the people who doubted me wrong! i'm so excited to be here, i def need all the motivation i can get!

as for revision tips, since i do lots of problem solving qs, i would recommend as many ppqs as possible, and watching videos that go outside the curriculum because that's a good way to really understand the fundamentals of what you're learning. also, have a "why" for everything. why am i learning about functions? what are they used for? why am i learning about the piezoelectric effect? where is that actually used irl? for physics especially that really helps me have a broader understanding of the topics, and creates connections with other topics in my brain.

hope i didn't waffle on for too long <3

ooo this is so cute, ty for tagging me!
Helloo :smile:

I'm Aamina, currently studying bio chem and maths hoping to study biomed at uni.

Not a quote but I realised that my future really is only in my hands and there's only so much I can blame external factors. I used to think "oh whats the point when x, y and z are happening in my life anyway" but now im realising (bit late but better late than never right haha) that my future is down to me. I don't want to regret in the future and I want to be able to try my best. I want to know my abilities and not just dwell on my potential!

My revision tips are similar to Nia's! Don't just try and remember things if ur a stem student, try and understand the why's which will rly help u in the exam. Even if u forget, u can figure it out based on the ground knowledge u have. Ask questions in class and don't be afraid to make mistakes. Find ur weaknesses and target them. Also! Consistency is key. Do a little every day instead of long hours spontaneously to avoid burnout. Write out concepts till you know its in ur head, watch videos to solidify ur knowledge and just bang out exam questions and u should be good to go!! I need to take my own advice tbh.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk haha good luck everyone <33
Hi! I study biology, chemistry, and religious studies. A tip I would give is to create all your flashcards, active recall mind maps, etc., now or throughout the year. "And, most importantly, always have faith in yourself" - ⋆˚࿔ Elle woods 𝜗𝜚˚⋆

Hello! im Erin and im doing history, politics and French! my favourite revision at the moment is flashcards, blurting and essay plans :smile:
I really like the quotes that everyone has chosen - currently my fav quote is "the magic that youre looking for is in the work that youre avoiding" ✨💌

I want to do A level Psychology, criminology and law. How are you finding psychology? (i am definitely downloading those apps tysm!)

Quick Reply

Latest