The Student Room Group

FP2: Transformations of Complex Functions

I understand everything in Chapter 3 with the exception of THIS!!!!!!!! Please, explain it to me. :confused:
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
I understand everything in Chapter 3 with the exception of THIS!!!!!!!! Please, explain it to me. :confused:

I think you need to give us a tiny bit more to go on.
Reply 2

EXCEPT WHAT?

chapter 3 of ... ( the bible?...)
Original post by Mr M
I think you need to give us a tiny bit more to go on.

Like whether to apply the modulus method or the u+iv method, how to apply it to argument functions, and the rest. But particularly those.
Like whether to apply the modulus method or the u+iv method, how to apply it to argument functions, and the rest. But particularly those.

I have half an idea what you are talking about now but there are a number of Awarding Bodies and hundreds of textbooks you might be referring to.
Reply 5
are you talking about Translations, rotations and magnifications?
Reply 6
Original post by Hasufel
are you talking about Translations, rotations and magnifications?

Original post by Mr M
I have half an idea what you are talking about now but there are a number of Awarding Bodies and hundreds of textbooks you might be referring to.

I have a feeling he is referring to transforming complex loci by (complex) functions (from z plane to w plane) .This topic is only tested by EDEXCEL and WJEC at Further Maths.
Original post by TeeEm
I have a feeling he is referring to transforming complex loci by (complex) functions (from z plane to w plane) .This topic is only tested by EDEXCEL and WJEC at Further Maths.

Yes it is Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yes it is Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not quite sure what are you asking.

Although it is a long time since I did this material, I remember I had the same "understanding difficulties" in this section and now that I occasionally teach this stuff, students still find it tough.

There is no magic recipe to this.

Either you are blessed with a high level of mathematical cognition or you have to learn by repetition which leads to familiarisation and sometimes into proper understanding.

Do loads of work in the topic.
Find resources that have loads of questions and have a go.
I have a booklet with loads of questions and solutions, but the document is too large to upload and I do not wish to direct you to my website unless you have a specific question.
(Against Forum Rules)

The topic will get better if you practice.

[Maybe you are having a bit of a moan (that is still ok)]

Quick Reply

Latest