The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Thank god Monday is a bank holiday, can actually stay up and watch Wrestlemania and not worry about waking up for work :biggrin:
Original post by samir12
Thank god Monday is a bank holiday, can actually stay up and watch Wrestlemania and not worry about waking up for work :biggrin:

It's not WrestleMania this Sunday mother****er

There's no way Reigns isn't winning. That match should go on 3rd from the end, send the Diva's on second to last and Shane and Taker to close out the show. Reigns should turn heel, Superman Punch the Rock post-match or something.

New Day retain
AJ wins
Uso's win (yawn)
Sasha wins
Reigns wins
Shane wins
KO retains

Something like that anyway. Worst WM since 27.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeFoUr
It's not WrestleMania this Sunday mother****er
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh **** it is next week...
Original post by samir12
Oh **** it is next week...

At least you can watch the raw before wrestlemania.
Original post by samir12

Damn dude you got me excited before realising it was next weekend. Normally, I would have booked Monday off but not feeling enough excitement for Mania even though the potential boofest of Reigns-HHH and a possible swerve in the Taker-Shane not nudging me to stay up.
Original post by Aky786UK
Damn dude you got me excited before realising it was next weekend. Normally, I would have booked Monday off but not feeling enough excitement for Mania even though the potential boofest of Reigns-HHH and a possible swerve in the Taker-Shane not nudging me to stay up.

Haha, my bad. Yh I'm not sure if I will stay up to watch it, Undertaker vs Shane McMahon is probably the only one worth staying up for. Reigns and HHH will be a boofest as you said so will ruin the atmosphere.
Reply 4526
One week. Can't wait.
The main WrestleMania matches all involve part-timers. WWE have clearly been building towards focusing on retired former stars for a few years, but I haven't a clue why, it has to be intentional though. They're not spending every year going "oops we forgot to push more than one wrestler last year again, we'll have to fill the card with former talent".
Reply 4528
What is clear is that they've struggled building this WM more than any other. Zack Ryder - for all I love him - doesn't deserve a spot on the card. There's a lack of heat among some matches - noticeably Ryback/Kalisto, and the Usos/the Dudleyz - and too much repetition (how many times have we now seen Styles vs Jericho?)
Original post by Mackay
What is clear is that they've struggled building this WM more than any other. Zack Ryder - for all I love him - doesn't deserve a spot on the card. There's a lack of heat among some matches - noticeably Ryback/Kalisto, and the Usos/the Dudleyz - and too much repetition (how many times have we now seen Styles vs Jericho?)

If this was the Attitude Era, Styles vs Jericho would be a ladder match by now, and it would be match of the night.

But come to think of it, Triple H is main eventing and all the other matches are kinda weird. Taker's been paired with a(nother) businessman, Lesnar, the over Ambrose and the ever popular Wyatts are trudging along not realy knowing what's going on, the IC title is a cluster****, and the tag titles don't seem to be on the line... you don't suppose that's purposeful sabotage?...

Could you imagine how pissed Triple H would be if he main evented WM and had (or gave Roman) a WM moment, and everyone was talking about his favourite guy Jericho and some TNA Indie fella being match of the night, or talking about Lesnar or Taker?

That would be Triple H's greatest achievment: BURYING AND GOING OVER WRESTLEMANIA!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
If this was the Attitude Era, Styles vs Jericho would be a ladder match by now, and it would be match of the night.

But come to think of it, Triple H is main eventing and all the other matches are kinda weird. Taker's been paired with a(nother) businessman, Lesnar, the over Ambrose and the ever popular Wyatts are trudging along not realy knowing what's going on, the IC title is a cluster****, and the tag titles don't seem to be on the line... you don't suppose that's purposeful sabotage?...

Could you imagine how pissed Triple H would be if he main evented WM and had (or gave Roman) a WM moment, and everyone was talking about his favourite guy Jericho and some TNA Indie fella being match of the night, or talking about Lesnar or Taker?

That would be Triple H's greatest achievment: BURYING AND GOING OVER WRESTLEMANIA!

It'll probably happen anyway, because there's no favourable outcome from that. Vince really should put Taker's match on last, not only because the "main" event will be a snooze/boo-fest, but kayfabe wise with the control of WWE stipulation it just makes sense. Wouldn't be surprised if Hunter calls an audible on the night and puts himself over...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If Undertaker will only come on last if he retires
Original post by AR_95
If Undertaker will only come on last if he retires

That could be a swerve. They've started doing things like that, they're now more aware of the internet and giving hints. It could go on last with Taker still winning just because it'll be a huge Hell in a Cell, especially if Shane does his usual death-defying spot.
Reply 4533
NXT TakeOver Dallas will be better than WrestleMania 32 for wrestling fans, but there's something about WM that just sends me back to childhood. Last year's climax was the best I've seen since Benoit/Eddie embraced a decade previously.
Shane defo botched that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Shane defo botched that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still looked cool, dunno why takers bleeding from the eye though.
It was more to do with Taker's position, why the **** was he lying at the edge of the table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god! The Best in the world is back!

Spoiler

I know how WWE can fix the main event and make the crowd super happy.

I call the idea: 'Booze, Not Boos'.
Reply 4539
Worst go-home RAW before WrestleMania ever?! Surely?

The company has completely failed to build up to the Triple H vs Roman Reigns match well. They have been so ineffective in their build-up of that feud, and sure, the fans haven't helped, but last night was just woeful. That brawl at the end was nothing we haven't seen before - and that's endemic throughout the current product. Too much repetition, even in the good feuds (I've lost count of the times The New Day/The League of Nations, and AJ Styles/Chris Jericho have squared off now).

Without Dean Ambrose and Brock Lesnar, and the intrigue of the Undertaker/Shane McMahon match, I wouldn't be tuning in. It was awesome to see Shane O'Mac's trademark elbow drop.

The lack of the Wyatt Family recently makes it seem clear that Bray will cost Lesnar at some juncture during the match. Paul Heyman was awesome during the promo last night.

There were a few positives - the return of Coach, Zack Ryder going over - but I'm not invested in any story. Kevin Owens should be in a singles match, not a multi-man match, and does anybody expect anybody other than KO to win it? Likewise, the Kalisto vs Ryback match lacks heat, and I couldn't be bothered less about the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal after Kane/Big Show were given such prominence.

Quick Reply

Latest