The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

What is the best about the city of Glasgow, would you prefer Edinburgh on Glasgow?

Hey guys, i need to know some information about Glasgow. Since i may move there next year and i know absolutely nothing about whether it is cheap or expensive etc...

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
I don't live in Glasgow but I love the place!! It's got everything there!!! Just down the road from GCU (literally 2-4 minute walk) there's Sauchiehall Street which has every shop you can imagine - Primark for clothes, Poundland for toiletries, Tesco for food! I've never had a night out there (I'm only 17) but I imagine in a city like Glasgow there'll be somewhere decently priced - there's always going to be cheap and expensive places :wink: the city in my eyes is full of opportunity to do what you want! There will always be a job you can get too!:smile:

What are you going to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Edinburgh, I know the place well but for me it's an old city and Glasgow is modern and up to date - that's the way I like it so Glasgow for me is better than Edinburgh!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Fraser_Knight
I don't live in Glasgow but I love the place!! It's got everything there!!! Just down the road from GCU (literally 2-4 minute walk) there's Sauchiehall Street which has every shop you can imagine - Primark for clothes, Poundland for toiletries, Tesco for food! I've never had a night out there (I'm only 17) but I imagine in a city like Glasgow there'll be somewhere decently priced - there's always going to be cheap and expensive places :wink: the city in my eyes is full of opportunity to do what you want! There will always be a job you can get too!:smile:

What are you going to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for ur replay and ur amazing info, I really appreciate it.

Well, I got a conditional offer in Glasgow Caledonian univ, and got an offer in Heriott wat (Edinburgh) will be studying business and finance . Thats why am a abit worried and I dunno where to go. But ur info was definitely helpful and I will take it into account.
Reply 5
I like Edinburgh, I know the place well but for me it's an old city and Glasgow is modern and up to date - that's the way I like it so Glasgow for me is better than Edinburgh!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emmm do u know smth about dundee btw?
Original post by Zizoalfar1
Thanks for ur replay and ur amazing info, I really appreciate it.

Well, I got a conditional offer in Glasgow Caledonian univ, and got an offer in Heriott wat (Edinburgh) will be studying business and finance . Thats why am a abit worried and I dunno where to go. But ur info was definitely helpful and I
will take it into account.

Oh Heriot Watt is really nice but it's quite far away from the main city in Edinburgh!:smile: GCU is so close to everything in Glasgow!

I've been to Dundee twice in my life and can't remember much about it but it is also a nice city! The uni is supposed to be really good as well! You've got a tough decision to make! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh Heriot Watt is really nice but it's quite far away from the main city in Edinburgh!:smile: GCU is so close to everything in Glasgow!

I've been to Dundee twice in my life and can't remember much about it but it is also a nice city! The uni is supposed to be really good as well! You've got a tough decision to make! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yea I know. Some people say it will be stupid to choose GCU over Heriott wat, but as u said the univ is too far away from the main cit, and I also think Glasgow is nicer.
Haha yea will need to think much about it before I take any decision. xO
Go and visit them all again as well if you have the chance to! I'm doing that! ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Go and visit them all again as well if you have the chance to! I'm doing that! ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont live in Scotland, and I never been thete, unfortunately.
Reply 10
I live just outside of Glasgow and I prefer it to Edinburgh but I am biased!! The best thing about GCU is that it's sooo close to the city centre which is just great. Edinburgh is a brilliant place to visit but it costs more to live there and I think Glasgow has a lot more character (but, again, that won't be everybody's view!!)
Reply 11
Original post by JadeO12
I live just outside of Glasgow and I prefer it to Edinburgh but I am biased!! The best thing about GCU is that it's sooo close to the city centre which is just great. Edinburgh is a brilliant place to visit but it costs more to live there and I think Glasgow has a lot more character (but, again, that won't be everybody's view!!)

Glad to hear many different perspectives. Although, the majority said that they prefer glasgow over edinbrugh. But am just stuck bcuz the univ i may go to in edinbrugh (heriott watt) has a better reputaion than GCU. So its a tough decision and i still dunno what to do
Moving to Glasgow is not very good for your well-being.... it is not something you can research beforehand, you will see for yourself.
Original post by johnweir
Moving to Glasgow is not very good for your well-being.... it is not something you can research beforehand, you will see for yourself.

Thread is from 3 years ago.
Original post by Andrew97
Thread is from 3 years ago.

yes, and...? ahh that scottish vagueness again.
Original post by Zizoalfar1
Hey guys, i need to know some information about Glasgow. Since i may move there next year and i know absolutely nothing about whether it is cheap or expensive etc...

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might move there but know nothing about it. WTF?

Go Edinburgh, most beautiful city in Europe and less likely to get your head caved in walking down the street in a blue or green shirt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending