The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

University choices - glasgow caledonian vs Aberdeen

Do you feel GCU is better or Aberdeen is better when it comes to masters in diagnostic imaging or medical imaging? Like placement wise?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Do you feel GCU is better or Aberdeen is better when it comes to masters in diagnostic imaging or medical imaging? Like placement wise?
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Thank you for your interest in studying with us! I just wanted to come in with some information with our course. I assume you're meaning the Medical Imaging MSc course we offer but if it's a different course then just let me know: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/study/postgraduate-taught/degree-programmes/178/medical-imaging/

I'll be upfront and say that there are not work placements available as part of this MSc. Our medical campus is situated alongside the hospital in Aberdeen and so there are opportunities to gain some working knowledge of how these technologies are used in both healthcare and research, but this doesn't take the form of a work placement. You can find out a bit more about our medical campus here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/foresterhill-390.php

If the placement is something that is important to you then I would encourage you to get in contact with Glasgow Caledonian to see what opportunities they offer. I hope this information is helpful, let us know if you have any questions for us and all the best in making a decision!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there
I can give you roughly what hospital's in Glasgow you'll be doing placement at -

Queen Elizabeth university hospital in South side of Glasgow
Glasgow royal infirmary
Glasgow Victoria hospital
Golden jubilee national hospital
Royal Alexandra hospital in paisley

These are only a few hospitals under the greater Glasgow and Clyde health board area.
Glasgow Caledonian university is good and it's covering a large area which gives you good choices.

Like the other person said in reply 1 - contact Glasgow Caledonian university for further information about the coursework.

I work in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board as NHS registered midwife.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending