The Student Room Group

Year 11 when to start revising?

For the May exams- i've just had my mock results back and got 6A*'s and 4A's so when should I begin revision for May? When are you starting revision?
Now.
I had similar mock grades and started around march ~ I think that was about right as if you started revision mph earlier, a lot of people burned out

Perhaps make revision notes for knowledge-heavy subjects (history, chemistry etc) during the Christmas holidays, but not really any need to worry about it right now, just keep on top of schoolwork & coursework
As soon as possible, it's important not to get cocky. No excuses in the new year though.
Don't revise now, I didn't even think about revision until Christmas and I pretty much got your mock results as my actual results (A*s in the 'hard' subjects too)
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Now.

NOPE! Revise a little in the Christmas holidays and then seriously in the holidays after that. No need to go over the top with it when you are already on track imo. Have a lifeeee!
Original post by Sparster
NOPE! Revise a little in the Christmas holidays and then seriously in the holidays after that. No need to go over the top with it when you are already on track imo. Have a lifeeee!
Life can begin after you've secured a job upon graduating from a good university.
Life can begin after you've secured a job upon graduating from a good university.

Hell no I am of the view that being a kid is one of the few times when you actually have very few stresses xD. And why revise if you don't need to?
Hell no I am of the view that being a kid is one of the few times when you actually have very few stresses xD. And why revise if you don't need to?
All the more you should be studying when you're the least stressed. And your basing your decision on the presumption that you don't need to revise now.
Reply 9
Now.

Loads of people started the night before and still got A*s
GCSEs are jokes!

I started in April though and Easter properly.
All the more you should be studying when you're the least stressed. And your basing your decision on the presumption that you don't need to revise now.

Well yeah no reason to revise now if you are on track to secure great grades why overkill? If he/she got 6 A*s 4As or whatever in their mocks and is confident they can do better than that in the real thing then if I were them it would be chilling till Easter loool. Each to their own though.
Reply 11

I agree with this guy!
Well yeah no reason to revise now if you are on track to secure great grades why overkill? If he/she got 6 A*s 4As or whatever in their mocks and is confident they can do better than that in the real thing then if I were them it would be chilling till Easter loool. Each to their own though.
If you're on track then all the more the greater the fall if you don't do well.
Everyone's going to say something different to you. Only you know how you learn and how easily you retain information so make a decision based on that :smile:
Yesterday, definitely yesterday
from day one lol
if thats not possible then from one , one and a half month from exams
thats what i follow, like the idea? follow me on TSR
Original post by Lucofthewoods
For the May exams- i've just had my mock results back and got 6A*'s and 4A's so when should I begin revision for May? When are you starting revision?

I got similar results last year in my mocks. Don't keen tf out of it or you'll have no motivation for May when you should be keen. Stay on top of things now and it'll make your life so much easier down the line. Got 5A*s and 6As in my mocks and came out of my actual GCSEs with 6A*s, 4As and a B only doing about an hour of revision before the actual exam. If you want advice, don't rely on cramming. Good luck in your GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest