The Student Room Group

Yr 10 summer holiday revision?

Hi, as of now, I'm going into year 11 in September. I was wondering if it is wise to start revising for mocks now. If so, how can I go about doing that now, at such an early stage?
Original post by vex420
Hi, as of now, I'm going into year 11 in September. I was wondering if it is wise to start revising for mocks now. If so, how can I go about doing that now, at such an early stage?

I think just make sure you’ve got revision resources made
Reply 2
Original post by vex420

I did around 2 hours a day. Sometimes more sometimes less before September yesr 11 depending on how much I felt confident on a subject and what not. You would have to increase it maybe later in year 11.
Reply 3
It would be good to get into a study routine early by going over your year 10 work by doing around 3 hours a day 5 days a week.

You then want to get into a really good routine right from the start of year 11- you should be working for 3 hours a night after school and then 4-5 hours a day at weekends, and this time should increase around mocks and exams.
Reply 4
Hi, I'm in the same position, I'm doing 30 minute chunks of 3 or 4 subjects a day, focussing on the things I struggled on based on my year 10 exams (although I find it hard to stick to!!) I'm mainly relaxing though knowing next year's going to be tough.
id say mostly enjoy your summer!! the next year is going to be hard so make the most of your free time. if you commit to working in october and december then you should be fine for mocks. you could perhaps go over any particularly difficult parts.
Reply 6
Original post by vex420

hi, i would honestly say - just relax! I've just done my gcses, and honestly, if you start now, you will get super burnt out, and by the time your actual gcses come around, you'll be so tired of revision. enjoy your summer, relax, and get into a good study routine when school starts. by all means do the odd hour or two of study here or there this summer, but don't tire yourself out already.
Original post by vex420

I would make sure you have finished making revision resources for all the content you covered in Year 10, because it takes away some of the stress before exams - you can start revising straight away instead of having to make resources first. I wouldn't do too much though because it is the summer holidays and you do need to relax as well.

Quick Reply

Latest