The Student Room Group

Yr 11 is scary

Heyy so im just like super duper scared for year 11 and idk how to revise properly i havent finished making my flashcards from year 10 and school starts tomorrow. help.

and ik like do past papers and all that but like its a little early for that no? like i havent finished all the content yet either. and making flashcards all day endlesly is so boring

plus idk how to rivise english :smile:

thats it
Hi! I did my GCSES in 2022 and got all 8s and 9s so I can help!
Only do past papers when you've fully revised all the content in the paper. I started doing past papers before my mocks when I had already revised all the content. Start making your flashcards and finishing content (writing notes etc) at the beginning of year 11, and then once you've done that then do PMT exam questions and then finally past papers.
For english, make mind maps for each key theme and characters with 3/4 main points per theme/character with quotes and explanations for each point. For example, for the character of Ralph in LOTF, one point could be that he is a powerful leader and then you would have quotes and evaluation underneath that on your mind map. Then write an essay for each mind map and get your teacher to mark it and give you advice.
Hope this helps!
Original post by nymphgirl06
Hi! I did my GCSES in 2022 and got all 8s and 9s so I can help!
Only do past papers when you've fully revised all the content in the paper. I started doing past papers before my mocks when I had already revised all the content. Start making your flashcards and finishing content (writing notes etc) at the beginning of year 11, and then once you've done that then do PMT exam questions and then finally past papers.
For english, make mind maps for each key theme and characters with 3/4 main points per theme/character with quotes and explanations for each point. For example, for the character of Ralph in LOTF, one point could be that he is a powerful leader and then you would have quotes and evaluation underneath that on your mind map. Then write an essay for each mind map and get your teacher to mark it and give you advice.
Hope this helps!

Hii thanks so much this is so helpful!!
congratulations on your gcse results you did amazing haha

Quick Reply

Latest