The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

I didn't know this thread existed :eek:

I finally got an xbox one(without kinect) today. Tbh I only bought it to play Destiny in September. It kind of makes me upset though because I feel like I'm cheating on my 360, it's been with me since 2006(I still have my god awful GT too).

I've kinda gone off shooters now but the Destiny beta was so good. I'm going to give Titanfall a go tomorrow when everything is set up :biggrin:
Or XBONE as we like to call it.
Original post by JordanS94
I didn't know this thread existed :eek:

I finally got an xbox one(without kinect) today. Tbh I only bought it to play Destiny in September. It kind of makes me upset though because I feel like I'm cheating on my 360, it's been with me since 2006(I still have my god awful GT too).

I've kinda gone off shooters now but the Destiny beta was so good. I'm going to give Titanfall a go tomorrow when everything is set up :biggrin:

Original post by Hachik0
Or XBONE as we like to call it.

Is the Xbox One worth it?
Original post by Binary Freak
Is the Xbox One worth it?

Atm I can't judge because it took me so long to get set up... I had to rearrange my room TWICE just so I could get all my consoles connected to my tv and have enough space so I ended up watching netflix... and ended up getting an achievement :lol:

Atm imo it is not worth it due to a lack of games but I know in the future it will be and I know I'll be sinking a lot of time into Destiny so I thought I'd get it on the better console instead of abandoning my 360 character within a year. Also I got the console and Titanfall for just over £300 with my staff discount at Argos, money off that I won over the months and a free £10 girftcard back. I don't think I'll be able to get one at that price for at least another year so I went for it.
Atm I can't judge because it took me so long to get set up... I had to rearrange my room TWICE just so I could get all my consoles connected to my tv and have enough space so I ended up watching netflix... and ended up getting an achievement :lol:

Atm imo it is not worth it due to a lack of games but I know in the future it will be and I know I'll be sinking a lot of time into Destiny so I thought I'd get it on the better console instead of abandoning my 360 character within a year. Also I got the console and Titanfall for just over £300 with my staff discount at Argos, money off that I won over the months and a free £10 girftcard back. I don't think I'll be able to get one at that price for at least another year so I went for it.

In that case I'll probably wait until more games come out :smile:

You get an achievement for having an Xbox One? Lol
In that case I'll probably wait until more games come out :smile:

You get an achievement for having an Xbox One? Lol

I think it was called triple, I got it after I had finished watching 3 episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender in a row. I was so confused.
I think it was called triple, I got it after I had finished watching 3 episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender in a row. I was so confused.

LOL, I just checked, Netflix has achievements.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Netflix/achievements.htm
LOL, I just checked, Netflix has achievements.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Netflix/achievements.htm

looks like I'm going to 100% that :cool:
looks like I'm going to 100% that :cool:

It's just perfect excuse for people to purchase a Netflix member.. That's making me curious now, to know whether someone has gone so far as to buy a membership with Netflix for the achievements.

Might make a thread on XboxAchievements regarding this :colone:
It's just perfect excuse for people to purchase a Netflix member.. That's making me curious now, to know whether someone has gone so far as to buy a membership with Netflix for the achievements.

Might make a thread on XboxAchievements regarding this :colone:

:lol: I checked on the stats on the website you sent me and the record for most episodes watched in a row is 87 :zomg: How can you do that, I can binge on tv shows but maximum 20 episodes a day at a push.
:lol: I checked on the stats on the website you sent me and the record for most episodes watched in a row is 87 :zomg: How can you do that, I can binge on tv shows but maximum 20 episodes a day at a push.

:giggle: Are you going to get all achievements on that

..I can't really giggle though, since I'll probably do it :biggrin:

EDIT: He's probably watched Hetalia or something, each episode of that is like 5 minutes long
(edited 9 years ago)
Netflix has achievements, but they aren't worth any gamerscore.

Most apps have achievements now (like 4oD).

I think the most episodes watched in a row doesn't mean you sat down and watched them all at once, it means you didn't watch anything else except those.
Original post by rayquaza17
Netflix has achievements, but they aren't worth any gamerscore.

Most apps have achievements now (like 4oD).

I think the most episodes watched in a row doesn't mean you sat down and watched them all at once, it means you didn't watch anything else except those.

I don't think any of the applications have any gamerscore.
It'd still be nice to increase my overall achievements though :colone:
:giggle: Are you going to get all achievements on that

..I can't really giggle though, since I'll probably do it :biggrin:

EDIT: He's probably watched Hetalia or something, each episode of that is like 5 minutes long

I probably wont be able to get the 30 days in a row achievement since I'm only on it a couple times a week.
I probably wont be able to get the 30 days in a row achievement since I'm only on it a couple times a week.

I probably won't get ones like that either, since after the Summer I'm going to be spending at least 7 hours outside of university just studying (the field I want to enter is very vicious) :frown:
I'm looking to get an xbox one but I don't know whether to get the destiny or fifa 15 bundle - both are £350 :/ I'd play both games but I don't really want to wait that extra 20 days or so for fifa to come out... Also the White xbox one sunset overdrive looks quite nice but idk. I'll be buying CoD:AW later on so no need for that bundle. Thanks

Also if you want to add me just send me a friend request with a message saying TSR.
GT: iTvM
Original post by TomAyy
I'm looking to get an xbox one but I don't know whether to get the destiny or fifa 15 bundle - both are £350 :/ I'd play both games but I don't really want to wait that extra 20 days or so for fifa to come out... Also the White xbox one sunset overdrive looks quite nice but idk. I'll be buying CoD:AW later on so no need for that bundle. Thanks

Also if you want to add me just send me a friend request with a message saying TSR.
GT: iTvM

I'll add you. :smile:

I love the CoD xbox!

I think the £350 bundles don't include a kinect?
Original post by rayquaza17
I'll add you. :smile:

I love the CoD xbox!

I think the £350 bundles don't include a kinect?

I'm not too bothered about kinect tbh, I can live without it (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely destiny my friend and I were the only people out of our friends who believed in the game, after the beta all of them are getting it now + FIFA is the same every year just with slightly better graphics
Original post by The Director
Definitely destiny my friend and I were the only people out of our friends who believed in the game, after the beta all of them are getting it now + FIFA is the same every year just with slightly better graphics

Probably will get the Destiny tbh (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest