The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

Jayk Bakner
To quote Counter-Strike:

'Sniping. Feel like you're in the battle, without actually joining it!'

:biggrin:

How were you not nominated as one of the heroes of 2007?
i'm sure some of you may have figured this out for yourselves, but if you dont sign into xbox live after you've downloaded a film you 'rented', it screws the 24 hour countdown so you can keep it for as long as you are prepared to not go on live! i think... i bought the matrix on boxing day, watched it, but havent been on live since and it says 23 hours 6 minutes remaining...
Reply 1382
Oh that is nice and seeing as I have loads of stuff to do on single player then.
Yeah don't forget that I think you can rent 300 for 100 MSP today in HD..!
Reply 1384
Yeah, pity I don't have a HDTV though.

Anyone feel like a game of Team fortress 2 tonight?
Thing is, I've just checked the video store on my brother's console, and it says SD is 100MSP, and HD is 540MSP... so surely they lied on the website?!

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/default.htm

Or does "for 24 hours starting midnight 28 December" mean it's tomorrow and not today? Surely midnight 28 December was the midnight just gone..
Reply 1386
damn i have a hdtv and i can say that the graphics are %%%%%%%%ING SICK

now i have that off my chest call of duty 4 is probably the best game around at the moment. I am level 43 and am just practically warming up. It is really immersive and a really easy game to play with your friends!
Reply 1387
What, you don't like the graphics on a HD movie, well it is only 720p
Reply 1388
nah i like the graphics, they r good
Reply 1389
Does anyone want to do some legendary co-op on Halo 3 tonight.
does anyone know how to make certain folders shared on your laptop/pc (vista) so my xbox can pick it up for the media, (no on media center)

does anyone know how to increase the volume on the headset when other people talk to ya. on personal settings its on 10 but still minor, and i wud prefer it if it didnt come out hte tv
wizard710
Does anyone want to do some legendary co-op on Halo 3 tonight.

Depends. Is it going to be Co-op meta-game? Cos that's all I have left to do in terms of Achievements. Was going to do it over the Christmas period at my mum's house, but I got distracted by Assassin's Creed :p:

Also, YAAY! Finally got Shivering Isles working. For anyone else who buys it in the shops, it seems you need an Internet connection/Xbox Live to get it working, because the "update" on the disc is %%%%%%%%%%%%%%s. Or at least it was for mine.

anyone having trouble signing into live? i keep getting it flash up saying signed into live, x many friends are on, someone signs in eg jayk bakner. But all my blades still have hte button "sign into xbox live" when i click them they take ages then go back to as before.

I cant join games, i cant join my friends, ic ant invite my friends and i cant chat to my friends. WTF?

was working at 6.30 when i went out.
Reply 1393
Was working half an hour ago when I was on.
Alamothih
anyone having trouble signing into live? i keep getting it flash up saying signed into live, x many friends are on, someone signs in eg jayk bakner. But all my blades still have hte button "sign into xbox live" when i click them they take ages then go back to as before.

I cant join games, i cant join my friends, ic ant invite my friends and i cant chat to my friends. WTF?

was working at 6.30 when i went out.

this happens to me sometimes, the loading screen come son for ages but you are connected because your freinds are online

do u do anything to fix it or just leave it?
i left it for ages, i switched channels watched a tv prog and it worked, restart me xbox and it worked perfectly
Reply 1397
Jayk Bakner
To quote Counter-Strike:

'Sniping. Feel like you're in the battle, without actually joining it!'

:biggrin:

CoD4 is fantastic, though. Although I seem to vary wildly from kicking arse to teh suck in less time than it takes for my toast to pop... :rolleyes: In terms of quality, though; I'd say Halo 3 and CoD4 are neck and neck. Can never decide which one to play :frown:

Haha, gotta love those CS posters:
"Headshots: Those than can, do; those that can't, complain."
"Spraying: What you lack in quality, you make up for in quantity."
Reply 1398
rich2606
i'm sure some of you may have figured this out for yourselves, but if you dont sign into xbox live after you've downloaded a film you 'rented', it screws the 24 hour countdown so you can keep it for as long as you are prepared to not go on live! i think... i bought the matrix on boxing day, watched it, but havent been on live since and it says 23 hours 6 minutes remaining...

oooooh is that really tru? I hardly go on live anyway. Downloaded 300 and have disconnected the ethernet cable as god knows when I'll get to watch it!
well ive still got the matrix on my hard drive 3 days after downloading and watching it, and i can still watch it as it says 22 hours remaining (not sure where it gets this figure from, it said 23 hours yesterday even though i'd watched it all the way through once before then). i think its because the 360 has no internal clock/calender and relies on connecting to live to retrieve this information in order to work out when to delete it.

Quick Reply

Latest