The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
TSR users are way too volatile, when pig left everyone was all anti J and CN, then some more stuff comes out and they all hate pig, despite noone really knowing that much.

In addition it strikes me as odd that those who know the most are supporting pig, so I'd be inclined to agree with them.
Right, so, what'd I miss?
Can I just say, backdoors into the site, underhand reading of PMs, faked contracts...

PIG YOU ARE A LEGEND AND I AM ASHAMED I NEVER REPPED YOU

J

"I haven't signed a contract, my name isn't Billy Bell, that's not my address and that's not my signature.”

Just awesome.
Fluent in Lies
Right, so, what'd I miss?

The Apocalypse. Nice one.
B_e_x
Didnt pig get in trouble a few years ago with regard to pm's?

You mean his more than merely flirtacious PM's to "ditzy blonde" whilst he was married with a kid? I'm sure I had all of Ditzys PM's still saved in word somewhere but alas I can't find them. No matter, it's wrong to get worked up about anything said in a PM not intended for your reading anyways isn't it? Oh wait...

daveo
Of course no-one made him lie, but I don't see that he did anything wrong by lying in the first place. Perhaps it did go a little far when the contract was introduced but at the time I don't think pig had any reason to suspect anything of this nature would happen. I've said elsewhere that once you take on an alter ego it becomes very very difficult to turn around and say what your real name is, in-fact, doing so almost makes having an alter ego in the first place a complete waste of time. I think keeping the alter ego up, even on the contract in order to protect yourself and your family is excuse enough

LOL, nice defense. Ok so you sign a contract with a fake name, and pretend you're not liable for the signature as it's fake (which btw you might like to know wont work as a defense for Piggy) - and you try to defend pig saying he was too deep into his fake alias to turn back? HAHA, yeah, try that one in court. Poor piggy, had no choice did he, lol...

In fact, your whole argument seems pretty flawed. If it wasn't for the belligerent manner in which you debate you might almost think you make some sense. Sadly I can just about see through your swearing and implying the person you're talking to if a total moron.

Read your post again in fact, but without the swearing or aggressive attitude. NOW you can see that it's actually completly terrible. How about you reply to this post without using your usual techniques? How about you make a good point? I dares ya, I double dares ya.

*expects a flaming response* :rolleyes:

As JonH says, he mixes his swearing etc with decent points, and to his credit this is actually true. Sadly the same cannot be said for you.

So come on, the big issue here seems to be false identity, plus reading PM's that aren't designed for you. What ACTUAL defense is there that goes beyond "OMFG YOU'RE SO **** STUPID YOU *** **** *** PIG DID SO MUCH FOR THE **** SITE YOU *** ***" ... ?

Until Pig says his version, there isn't a defense. So why is it soooo moronic to propse he did anything wrong when the man wont even defend himself?
Reply 405
tis_me_lord

LOL, nice defense. Ok so you sign a contract with a fake name, and pretend you're not liable for the signature as it's fake (which btw you might like to know wont work as a defense for Piggy) - and you try to defend pig saying he was too deep into his fake alias to turn back? HAHA, yeah, try that one in court. Poor piggy, had no choice did he, lol...

In fact, your whole argument seems pretty flawed. If it wasn't for the belligerent manner in which you debate you might almost think you make some sense. Sadly I can just about see through your swearing and implying the person you're talking to if a total moron.

Read your post again in fact, but without the swearing or aggressive attitude. NOW you can see that it's actually completly terrible. How about you reply to this post without using your usual techniques? How about you make a good point? I dares ya, I double dares ya.

*expects a flaming response* :rolleyes:

As JonH says, he mixes his swearing etc with decent points, and to his credit this is actually true. Sadly the same cannot be said for you.

So come on, the big issue here seems to be false identity, plus reading PM's that aren't designed for you. What ACTUAL defense is there that goes beyond "OMFG YOU'RE SO **** STUPID YOU *** **** *** PIG DID SO MUCH FOR THE **** SITE YOU *** ***" ... ?

Until Pig says his version, there isn't a defense. So why is it soooo moronic to propse he did anything wrong when the man wont even defend himself?

I disagree.

edit - and so it seems to 4 other people who gave me rep for it.
edit 2 - sorry 3 people, 1 was for something else.
Daveo
I disagree.

edit - and so it seems to 4 other people who gave me rep for it.

OMG, tell this to pig. He could use it in court! "we can't be wrong because my clique repped me for it!!!!"

And how about explaining WHY you disagree that it's wrong to lie in a contract just because you had been lying until then? LOL just reading your argument typed out there is so funny, it's so crap...

Or how about you ignore my GOOD point and just neg rep me? Ah g'on, next best thing to banning me which you can't do now, too bad. With skills like that who needs intelligence?
so many arguments are like this, whenever something big happens in the media always one side of the story comes out first that seems to fit so well and eveyrone agrees and thinks the guy who hasn't said anything is a ******. then a while later months or more the other guy says something and you realise who was really talking crap all along. 2bh if i were pig i'd set up my own tsr alternative i think a student site run by students or people close to students is preferential to a site run by some organisation who's relationship with students is a lot less direct.

hey i got my 2 gems back :biggrin:
Reply 408
tis_me_lord
OMG, tell this to pig. He could use it in court! "we can't be wrong because my clique repped me for it!!!!"
Actually they were randoms, but I'll be sure to do that.

tis_me_lord
And how about explaining WHY you disagree that it's wrong to lie in a contract just because you had been lying until then? LOL just reading your argument typed out there is so funny, it's so crap...?
I don't really value you're opinion so... boo hoo.

tis_me_lord
Or how about you ignore my GOOD point and just neg rep me? Ah g'on, next best thing to banning me which you can't do now, too bad. With skills like that who needs intelligence?
I've already used my rep for today.
Reply 409
Daveo
Actually they were randoms, but I'll be sure to do that.

I don't really value you're opinion so... boo hoo.

I've already used my rep for today.

I havent been around long but I think the way you dealt with that dude who was owning you (hitting you for six, if you will) was admirable. :cool:
Reply 410
Daveo
I know it's speculation central, that is the nature of TSR, but i'm just getting bored of reading **** thats all.

To be honest I agree, I don't really think we need any more speculation like that. Although you were quite cruel :tongue: but I suppose someone had to reign in the imaginations of some people. :smile:
Daveo
This thread is so full of speculation and bull**** its incredible! But this post just takes the piss!

I don't think pig ever mentioned anywhere that "he couldn't cope" J didn't mention that either so where you've invented that I don't know! As a matter of fact, from my point of view pig didn't go off in a strop, He did so with little fuss. Even if CN and J were completely aware of any displeasure on Pig's part, why they should tell the users about that I don't know, and what exactly makes you qualified to comment on that? Your 'Army Experience'? Why should he have to give notice of leaving? He was a volunteer, even after he left he was still around to help acaila and stuff!!!

Please point out to me where you got the quote "get my plug-ins off your site came from"? Oh sorry, you made that up didn't you! He posted a single thread in AAM asking them for them to be removed, a number of hours later there had not been a response from acumen so PQ removed them due to legal issues.

Of course no-one made him lie, but I don't see that he did anything wrong by lying in the first place. Perhaps it did go a little far when the contract was introduced but at the time I don't think pig had any reason to suspect anything of this nature would happen. I've said elsewhere that once you take on an alter ego it becomes very very difficult to turn around and say what your real name is, in-fact, doing so almost makes having an alter ego in the first place a complete waste of time. I think keeping the alter ego up, even on the contract in order to protect yourself and your family is excuse enough.

You don't know anything about why pig, nobody really does. Yes people have theorised and various exerts from CN and J have given an outline but for all you know CN and J could have anally raped him last time they met (btw, i'm not suggesting this actually happened, I'm merely suggesting that there can always be more to a story than everyone else knows)

Everything you've said above is based on the theories of people who know **** all, it seems to me that you've even ignored most of what J has had to say on the subject.

It really ****s me off that users like you come along spouting bull**** about everything, in fact, its a joke, and one of the many reasons I resigned as a mod.

I'd like to suggest a new tag-line for TSR when the redesign eventually takes shape:

"A load of *****, talking a load of ****"

Well done, have a medal.

One thing you have completly failed to address is why acting like a stroppy mare is acceptable. Employed or not, he has acted (as far as the users who are not in his cute little clique can see) like a spoilt child. Why should we direct blame elsewhere?

Pig's leaving has caused all manner of problems, and pig has been less then forthcoming with an explanation. And no, we have no "right" to expect one, but it's just polite. But from your post, I can see you don't know the meaning of the word.

Until pig defends himself, I'll stick on J's side. He is having enough hassle as it is, and needs a bit of support at the moment. Or maybe you are too in love with pig to see that?

And for the record, I have never ruled out the possibility of a completly different 'truth' emerging in time. I just don't feel the need to add an "of course, this is all just speculation" disclaimer to EVERY single post I make on the subject.

Oh, and if you have more accurate information about pig's leaving, how about you enlighten us all instead of hurling abuse at people who are simply trying to make head or tail of what has happened?

Btw, effective arguements rarely find their foundations in attitudes of "I don't like you, nor do I value your opinion, so I am going to spew sarcasm and bask in my cronies admiration". And no, that wasn't a quote. It was a (fairly accurate) interpretation of your attitude.
Schmokie Dragon
Well done, have a medal.

One thing you have completly failed to address is why acting like a stroppy mare is acceptable. Employed or not, he has acted (as far as the users who are not in his cute little clique can see) like a spoilt child. Why should we direct blame elsewhere?

Pig's leaving has caused all manner of problems, and pig has been less then forthcoming with an explanation. And no, we have no "right" to expect one, but it's just polite. But from your post, I can see you don't know the meaning of the word.

Until pig defends himself, I'll stick on J's side. He is having enough hassle as it is, and needs a bit of support at the moment. Or maybe you are too in love with pig to see that?

And for the record, I have never ruled out the possibility of a completly different 'truth' emerging in time. I just don't feel the need to add an "of course, this is all just speculation" disclaimer to EVERY single post I make on the subject.

Oh, and if you have more accurate information about pig's leaving, how about you enlighten us all instead of hurling abuse at people who are simply trying to make head or tail of what has happened?

Btw, effective arguements rarely find their foundations in attitudes of "I don't like you, nor do I value your opinion, so I am going to spew sarcasm and bask in my cronies admiration". And no, that wasn't a quote. It was a (fairly accurate) interpretation of your attitude.

That isnt really an effective arguement either :smile:.
Reply 413
Schmokie Dragon
Well done, have a medal.

Cheers.
Reply 414
roflmao.
Reply 415
Daveo ftw, Schmokie and tis_me_lord ftl.
Reply 416
bless the two of them
You guys are acting like Pig was a Soviet spy who sneaked his way to the top and we have just discovered the truth. Communism has infiltrated the student rooms and we must spill some blood.

I think we should start the massacre with anyone who has expressed leftist views and punish them according to how far left they are. Thud and cottonmouth will therefore be eaten by pigs (and the irony willl not be lost), Jamie will be burnt at the stake but all Labour supporters can count themselves very lucky that Tony Blair has been reading Mein Kampf.

Pig has been out in the cold for too long. His mind is a minefield of misconception and deceit, his thoughts warped by an invisible struggle.

CN (left) assigns J (right) his mission to bring Pig in out of the cold.

With a ****storm going on around him J gets the call out to The_Bear who is hardcore enough to accomplish this mission.

It was over quickly and TSR returned to full functionality.
Schmokie Dragon

Yes until the dead woman killed by the rapist defends herself, we will believe the rapist.

Pig has had 90% of his posts deleted. Its possible that his account has been frozen and IP possibly banned. So how do you expect the guy to defend himself. You are falling for the same thing again and again, the VICTORS write the history books.

I might be within 20 miles of Pig from my current position but Im not falling that lovey dovey moddycoddle.

Reply 419
Noxid
Yes until the dead woman killed by the rapist defends herself, we will believe the rapist.

Pig has had 90% of his posts deleted. Its likely that his account has been frozen and IP banned. So how do you expect the guy to defend himself. You are falling for the same thing again and again, the VICTORS write the history books.

Meh, if he was desperate to, he'd open a new account through a proxy server.

Latest

Trending

Trending