The Student Room Group

Rate of Reaction Help

I am doing a practical about his changing the concentration of a solution changes the rate of reaction, and have decided to use this method: http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry/wiki/Expt:The_effect_of_concentration_on_reaction_rate , however I have a couple of queries. Firstly, would the intervals for the sodium thiosulfate of 0.5M, 1M, 1.5M and 2M be appropriate? (It states about using water to change the concentration, however I have a feeling the science department have these intervals prepared.) Secondly, would the 'dilute' hydrochloric acid be able to be replaced by undiluted (standard) hydrochloric acid? I have done a similar practical recently, where I do not recall diluting it, so I am questioning if this is applicable again?
Thank you.
Reply 1
I'm not going to give you help on your coursework.

But, I will say that dilute hydrochloric acid is the name given to standard bench HCl, as opposed to conc. HCl, which we don't usually let GCSE students near.

The OCR coursework I used to do expected students to make up their own dilutions, if they wanted to access the highest marks.

Quick Reply

Latest