Turn on thread page Beta

Should women's bathrooms have urinals? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    It's pretty upsetting that I was expecting a load of transphobia rather than 'I didn't know the word'.
    =(

ReputationRep:
    If you have a penis you are not a female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaladan)
    In our modern society which has embraced ideological transgenderism, we ought to acknowledge and accept that some transgender women were born in the wrong body and therefore regrettably have a penis.

These transgender women do, of course, use women's bathrooms. Suppose, however, that some of these women would very much like to use a urinal.

Why would they want to use a urinal, I hear you ask. Well, a urinal has some obvious benefits, being both quicker and more hygienic. But that is besides the point.

If we as a society accept that both men and women can have penises, isn't it flagrantly discriminatory to place urinals exclusively in men's bathrooms? Shouldn't we enable anyone with a penis - regardless of their gender - to use a urinal, should they wish to?

Surely, therefore, we should insist that both women's and men's bathrooms are fitted with urinals.
    Why should we change the design of very bathroom so that 0.00001% of the population can piss standing up instead of sitting down which they can do anyway. This is insanity. It's like saying why don't we write the information in banknotes in Zulu in case any Zulus read them. They can still read the number of the banknotes but they should have the right to read the entire banknote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine a man whom wishes to become a female would want to urinate in a way a male traditionally would, and so would want to sit down.

Also the fact that if anything, you could argue urinals could be removed from mens, since sitting down is possible and is the norm/encouraged in multiple countries (Germany.....lol those toilets, Sweden, Japan and a couple of other Far Eastern nations).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Trans women are normal women.
    Women aren't normally born with male bodies though.

Of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thaladan)
    Transgender women are treated differently from men because of their gender. Transgender women cannot use a urinal, despite being able to, while men can.

That is discrimination.
    There's nothing stopping "transgender women" from using a urinal.

If you're anatomically capable of using a urinal (i.e. you have a penis), you're perfectly within your rights to go into a male restroom and use the urinal. Nobody's going to stop you just because of what gender you might "feel like on the inside", which is your own business.

ReputationRep:
    Great post. Everyone here has taken the bait and I'm not really surprised to be honest. OP is literally playing devils advocate, considering how dumb much of the equality rhetoric is these days surely having urinals in a woman's toilet is only...fair, right? ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradleyLawrence)
    Great post. Everyone here has taken the bait and I'm not really surprised to be honest. OP is literally playing devils advocate, considering how dumb much of the equality rhetoric is these days surely having urinals in a woman's toilet is only...fair, right? ahaha
    As opposed to the what rhetoric? Bigoted?

ReputationRep:
    Surely if they identify as a woman, they will use a toilet like a woman.. They're all in cubicles anyway so they could just stand/sit (however they usually do it) and no one would even know or be bothered by it..

ReputationRep:
    If it has to take out its ding dong to pee, something tells its not all woman.

Both men and women have penises? Since when? Is this what is being taught in biology and health class or this is what you truly believe in? If I kick a "woman" in the balls, the fact he has balls is enough to label him a he. I never heard of a woman with a big ding dong in my life before because it doesn't exist.

Its discrimination to not place urinals in the GIRLS/LADIES bathroom? You might as well call it discrimination that have woman only clothes section.

If a man wants to uses the girls bathroom so bad, he better learn to bend down and pee or he can go to the BOYS/MEN bathroom where there are URINALS.

Great idea! Place urinals in a bathroom for girls who don't use em! Waste of money, and does it make sense to force change on people just for the minority?

If 99% of the women/girls don't want urinals in their bathrooms, does it make sense to place them there anyway in case the rare unicorn wants to take a visit (transgender guy)?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Wow.

Transphobics really do love to present absurd ideas in order to discredit trans people.

It's particularly ridiculous when what they're suggesting already exists:
    http://www.brkh.co.uk/shewee-inal/

ReputationRep:
    Surely yes but just in stalls? But then I suppose you may as well just use the toilet itself? I feel like the point of the womens bathroom culturally is that we don't flash each other so as long as whatever facility is in a stall I don't see why it should matter. Also shameless but here's a link to my blog post about having a transgender sibling - https://thesecretlifeofrosie.wordpre...rst-blog-post/

ReputationRep:
    Surely the simple solution to this problem is to ask what grounds we divide bathroom up on. Is it sex or is it gender? Personally I think it should be sex, it stops trans people from having to ask the question which bathroom I should go to and it would eliminate the need for bizarre ideas like urinals in the ladies toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    As opposed to the what rhetoric? Bigoted?
    That rhetoric you displayed which is destroying society. Because i don't agree that everything in the god damn world should be equal does not mean I'm bigoted. Same if i don't want open door immigration doesn't mean I'm racist. You left wing lot love to name call and its rather petty.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but this goes against the whole transgender idea. If a person views themselves as a woman they would not be comfortable using a urinal in women's' toilets. A better idea would be gender-neutral toilets where it wouldn't matter what sex you identify as.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smidge_midge)
    I'm sorry but this goes against the whole transgender idea. If a person views themselves as a woman they would not be comfortable using a urinal in women's' toilets. A better idea would be gender-neutral toilets where it wouldn't matter what sex you identify as.
    You cannot identify as another sex. It is gender that you are apparently able to self identify with,

ReputationRep:
    KissMyAbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradleyLawrence)
    That rhetoric you displayed which is destroying society. Because i don't agree that everything in the god damn world should be equal does not mean I'm bigoted. Same if i don't want open door immigration doesn't mean I'm racist. You left wing lot love to name call and its rather petty.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

ReputationRep:
    Political correctness gone mad! How do you think actual women would feel seeing a man obviously disguised as a women having a wee in a urinal in a female toilet! I'm all for gender equality and equal rights but posts like this portray how everything wrong in people's minds in 2016. People like yourself writing this nonsense have always got a lot to say on such issues which are really of no concern to anyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.