Server: Jaedenar
Class: Human Death Knight
Reply 782
Name: Sanctaphrax
Server: Zenedar PvP
Class: 12 Human Mage
Faction: Alliance

Hey I just returned after a year give me a break! =P

On another note, I play WoW on my newly acquired MacbookPro. The aluminum ones. It's specced at 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, got an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M graphics card, and it has 2GB RAM. I don't know if anyone else has heat issues, but pretty much my status widget tells me my CPU temperature jumps from 50 degrees to 89 degrees in about 2 minutes, and my GPU temperature sits around 79 degrees.

This is insanely hot and it's already caused one crash. The fans spin at 62000rpm to try and cool it and theoretically the aluminum unibody shell should help dissipate the heat more effectively than a plastic casing (although when I'm playing it in bed it does the opposite)

I was just wondering if anyone else was finding this with Macbook Pro's or indeed laptop playing on WoW. Initially I had the graphics maxed out but this was insanely hot so I reduced them to "Good" and it's reduced heat a bit.

Should I get a cooling pad?
Treben
On another note, I play WoW on my newly acquired MacbookPro. The aluminum ones. It's specced at 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, got an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M graphics card, and it has 2GB RAM. I don't know if anyone else has heat issues, but pretty much my status widget tells me my CPU temperature jumps from 50 degrees to 89 degrees in about 2 minutes, and my GPU temperature sits around 79 degrees.

This is insanely hot and it's already caused one crash. The fans spin at 62000rpm to try and cool it and theoretically the aluminum unibody shell should help dissipate the heat more effectively than a plastic casing (although when I'm playing it in bed it does the opposite)

I was just wondering if anyone else was finding this with Macbook Pro's or indeed laptop playing on WoW. Initially I had the graphics maxed out but this was insanely hot so I reduced them to "Good" and it's reduced heat a bit.

Should I get a cooling pad?

Hi :smile:

You should post that in the tech forum for mobile computing; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Someone will definitely help you out. They know more about that kind of thing, most of us (although I don't speak for everyone that posts in here) probably don't know too much about hardware issues concerning Macbooks.
Reply 784
Jabbamuffin
Hi :smile:

You should post that in the tech forum for mobile computing; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Someone will definitely help you out. They know more about that kind of thing, most of us (although I don't speak for everyone that posts in here) probably don't know too much about hardware issues concerning Macbooks.

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll leave this thread for ganking discussions!

xD
Haha, talk about whatever you want in here. As long as it's WoW related :p:

Just thought you'd get quicker replies from that forum. :yy:
Woo! 1 esssay down, 2 to go, last one due 14th Jan, and then 12 days of nothing. And when I say nothing I mean 12 days of sitting at the laptop playing WoW. And I thought I went back on the 5th!
Nice work! :smile:

When do you go back?
26th! One of our tutors emailed my friend back to confirm. I don't think i've ever been so happy to find out I have 3 extra weeks off! As much as I should probably do something constructive, I think WoW wins seeing as i'm having to stop for a couple of weeks to write essays :smile:
Just make sure you get them done! :p:

Then all the time in the world can be spent on levelling. Are you planning on making an arena team once you hit 80? Or raiding? Or both? :eek:
Haha! I will! :biggrin: I won't re-sub till after the 8th (when 2nd one is due, and my next one is due 14th!)

I really have no idea! I'm still pretty lost when it comes to things like that, most i've done it 5 man dungeons for quests, which i've not had to do much work in! If I can figure it out, might try to get on a few raids etc and see how it goes. Kinda useful having a bf who plays as he can help me till I figure it out!

Decided if you're lvling by yourself yet?
God this thread just reminded me of my TBC days, raiding 10 hours a day trying to get server and world firsts.

ouch.
I bet you miss it :p:
I am solo'ing, yes. :sad:
Aww it's not that bad! Just think of the freedom! Can log on anytime you have nothing else to do!
Yeah, true that. And no one shouting at the priest for them wiping. :colondollar:

Bedtime for me anyway, gnight.
Exactly! Peace and quiet for you!

Same for me, gn!
Reply 797
Poor quality but LOL

:laugh: That's pretty sweet.
Jehuty^
Got some nice Heroic Nax gear last night. No easy feat considering I was one of 6 warlocks in the raid :p:

what spec are you guys useing?

Quick Reply

Latest