The Student Room Group

Lucid Dreaming

This is a new thread to discuss exciting developments and have conversations about lucid dreaming.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol dude. I meant put it on my thread. And since it's just a suggestion I might discuss it some other week because I already planned to discuss anxiety in tomorrow's post.
Worry not though. It will be a featured discussion in Weekly Wins and Woes. Maybe in two or three weeks.
Reply 3
Original post by PiltoverQueen
Lol dude. I meant put it on my thread. And since it's just a suggestion I might discuss it some other week because I already planned to discuss anxiety in tomorrow's post.
Worry not though. It will be a featured discussion in Weekly Wins and Woes. Maybe in two or three weeks.

Ohhhhh. That makes more sense. Although it might be nice to have a separate thread for the topic.
Original post by EnigmaChess
Ohhhhh. That makes more sense. Although it might be nice to have a separate thread for the topic.

Lol! You're funny!
Anyway, yeah. If you want to discuss the topic seperately with others that's totally ok. I'll still feature it in my blog in some weeks. It will mostly be in relation to teen mental health, I won't be discussing it in general terms.
Reply 5
An interesting topic to discuss would be how much dreams can tell us about our real lives, as our dreams are controlled by our subconcious everything you interact with in a dream is technically an extension of yourself.
An interesting topic to discuss would be how much dreams can tell us about our real lives, as our dreams are controlled by our subconcious everything you interact with in a dream is technically an extension of yourself.

True. I've come to think of them like windows closing on a computer as you sleep. All those intrusive thoughts, stresses, memories just closing, but every now and again a few stay open and keep running in the background. It's amusing to think about. I'm especially interested in the ability to gain a sort of awareness in your dreams and have a bit more control in them, instead of ending up in the wierdest of places!
Reply 7
True. I've come to think of them like windows closing on a computer as you sleep. All those intrusive thoughts, stresses, memories just closing, but every now and again a few stay open and keep running in the background. It's amusing to think about. I'm especially interested in the ability to gain a sort of awareness in your dreams and have a bit more control in them, instead of ending up in the wierdest of places!

It's so, so amusing and interesting. What my friend and I are currently studying is the possibility of being able to study and almost work on skills in your sleep. It sounds so far fetched, but if you think about it, it's not. What you do in a lucid dream will still be stored in your memory, and your brain will still function inside the dream. If we find some solid foundations and methods, the theory could do well. It's still in early stages though.
Lucid dreams are amazing. Not had many but when I do it's like you become a god, you can just do anything and create stuff out of thin air.
Reply 9
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Lucid dreams are amazing. Not had many but when I do it's like you become a god, you can just do anything and create stuff out of thin air.

It's like the worlds most powerful and detailed open world video game!
Sounds exciting! I'm surprised a sorcer of old hasn't experienced more lucid dreams.Shouldn't you be a master of them by now?
It's like the worlds most powerful and detailed open world video game!

Well I'd say video games in general have loads of restrictions whereas lucid dreaming doesn't!
I tried teaching myself how to lucid dream some time ago, but then I started to lose patience with it. They must really be unbelievable. How do you feel after you wake up from one?
Sounds exciting! I'm surprised a sorcer of old hasn't experienced more lucid dreams.Shouldn't you be a master of them by now?

Lucid dreaming, like virtually all areas of magic, is a skill that requires practice and doesn't just magically (:wink:) happen to you if you're a sorcerer. I've chosen to direct my energies into other magical pursuits. I've astral projected far more times than lucid dreaming and that really is something else..
Reply 14
Well I'd say video games in general have loads of restrictions whereas lucid dreaming doesn't!

Exactly. It's amazing.

I tried teaching myself how to lucid dream some time ago, but then I started to lose patience with it. They must really be unbelievable. How do you feel after you wake up from one?

Amazing.
Lucid dreaming, like virtually all areas of magic, is a skill that requires practice and doesn't just magically (:wink:) happen to you if you're a sorcerer. I've chosen to direct my energies into other magical pursuits. I've astral projected far more times than lucid dreaming and that really is something else..

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
You have definitely got to teach me that one! You can astral project. That is literrally out of this world!! Where did you go?
Reply 16
You have definitely got to teach me that one! You can astral project. That is literrally out of this world!! Where did you go?

What's astral projection?

Unfortunately none of the times I did it were intentional :lol:. And I never left my room but it's still incredible to ''wake up'' for example floating in mid air and to see your body below. And once I rolled out of my body and went through the floorboards only to cycle back up into my body. Annoyingly, like lucid dreaming astral projection takes a lot of practice from what I've heard from people who supposedly do it regularly.
What's astral projection?

The practice of separating your consciousness/soul from your body and being able to fly around in the world and the astral realm.
Reply 19
The practice of separating your consciousness/soul from your body and being able to fly around in the world and the astral realm.

Woah. That's crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest