The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology May 17th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dRaGoN2509
It was related to the table, it was asking about why the mean heart rate at rest was different to the mean heart rate before exercise.

I said because of adrenalin due to excitement. Literally have no idea if it's correct
It was related to the table, it was asking about why the mean heart rate at rest was different to the mean heart rate before exercise.

I'm pretty sure it's because when you're about to do something physical/dangerous your adrenal glands release adrenaline, which increases your heart rate. Or something like that.

And yes, you definitely have to convert it to metres, so it's 0.0075, not 0.75.
I thought it was quite easy however i came out the exam knowing that i lost 7 marks :frown:
Original post by whyohwhyohwhy
I said because of adrenalin due to excitement. Literally have no idea if it's correct

That's what I put.
Reply 44
You get 0.75 if you do 90/120.. I don't know which one is right because I don't know if you have to convert it to metres or not.

Yeah I also got 0.0075 but idk which is the right answer I think it's 0.75 but idk
Reply 45
That's what I put.

Yup I said adrenaline is secreted from the adrenal glands, leading to an increased heart rate
Reply 46
Original post by kabutowari
i'm pretty sure it's because when you're about to do something physical/dangerous your adrenal glands release adrenaline, which increases your heart rate. Or something like that.

thank god
I'm pretty sure it's because when you're about to do something physical/dangerous your adrenal glands release adrenaline, which increases your heart rate. Or something like that.

Damn! Why did I change my answer.. :frown:
Reply 48
Guys I labelled the diagram with the neurones and idk completely wrong. Anyone else?
What did people put for the question where you had to tick boxes about fungi bacteria and protect it's? And what is a disease caused by a protostict?
I thought it was fairly good! A few iffy questions but mostly nice
Reply 51
Original post by Beccatenney
What did people put for the question where you had to tick boxes about fungi bacteria and protect it's? And what is a disease caused by a protostict?

malaria

Plasmodium, which causes malaria.
What did you guys put for the way in which the first graph changed please
Malaria is the main example of a disease caused by a protoctist, I think (I didn't put that, unfortunately :frown: ).

I was wondering what everybody put for another greenhouse gas? I know it's not a big question but I put 'CFCs' since it's the only other thing we've been taught but I feel like that wouldn't be accepted.
Reply 55

I wrote malaria :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Malaria is the main example of a disease caused by a protoctist, I think (I didn't put that, unfortunately :frown: ).

I was wondering what everybody put for another greenhouse gas? I know it's not a big question but I put 'CFCs' since it's the only other thing we've been taught but I feel like that wouldn't be accepted.

Ugh I wrote sulfur oxide instead of Dioxide

CFCs are greenhouse gases, along with: water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxides.
Reply 58
Original post by aubameya31
What did you guys put for the way in which the first graph changed please

Wait what did the first graph ask about? Was it the fish and meat one
Original post by gameofno
Wait what did the first graph ask about? Was it the fish and meat one

yeah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending