The Student Room Group

edexcel iGCSE english lit jan 2023

any ideas what anthology poems may come up and what character/theme question might come up for the edexcel igcse english lit of mice and men?
exam date is 9th jan 2023
i think that the poem " mother to son" may come up and the poems "women
i think maybe curleys wife may come up as the character. i am not really sure but if u want i can try find out more info.
(Original post by kbajj)any ideas what anthology poems may come up and what character/theme question might come up for the edexcel igcse english lit of mice and men?
i think that the poem "Mother to son" will come up and i think the poem " women" may also come up.
i think the character of curleys wife may come up aswell.
im not really sure. if anyone wants 2 know more pm me
Reply 3
Original post by natalialopez
i think that the poem "Mother to son" will come up and i think the poem " women" may also come up.
i think the character of curleys wife may come up aswell.
im not really sure. if anyone wants 2 know more pm me

what about the poem/s from the anthology?
Original post by kbajj
what about the poem/s from the anthology?

idk i just thought that those 2 were gonna come uo cuz i did research
Reply 5

i have never heard of those 2 poems, are they in the anthology?
Reply 6

hi natalia can you please dm me as well, I would also like to know about the research, thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kbajj
any ideas what anthology poems may come up and what character/theme question might come up for the edexcel igcse english lit of mice and men?

hi! May I please know what character did u get for OMAM and what extracts or poems you got this January? Thank you sooo much!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Day Toy
hi! May I please know what character did u get for OMAM and what extracts or poems you got this January? Thank you sooo much!

the character question for OMAM was Crooks, the theme question for OMAM was respect :smile:
sonnet 116 definitely came up in my paper, i’m sorry but i don’t remember any others! i believe it was a poem with romance as a prevalent theme.
the extract was to do with the passing of time. i interpreted it to be a mother struggling to let go of their child who is inevitably growing older. i forgot what it was called.
sorry, hope this helps!
Reply 9
Original post by kbajj
the character question for OMAM was Crooks, the theme question for OMAM was respect :smile:
sonnet 116 definitely came up in my paper, i’m sorry but i don’t remember any others! i believe it was a poem with romance as a prevalent theme.
the extract was to do with the passing of time. i interpreted it to be a mother struggling to let go of their child who is inevitably growing older. i forgot what it was called.
sorry, hope this helps!

thank you soooooo much! did u do the regional or non-R paper?
Reply 10
Original post by Day Toy
thank you soooooo much! did u do the regional or non-R paper?

no problem! i did the non-regional paper :smile:
Original post by kbajj
no problem! i did the non-regional paper :smile:

thanks!!! this really helped me a lot:h:! by the way for sonnet 116, did thy ask u to compare it a specific poem or u can chose a poem whatever u want? And for the extract about the mother, is that in the anthology? cuz I can't find anything about that in our anthology...(do u mean the unknown extract that we compare with the ones that we've already learned?)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Day Toy
thanks!!! this really helped me a lot:h:! by the way for sonnet 116, did thy ask u to compare it a specific poem or u can chose a poem whatever u want? And for the extract about the mother, is that in the anthology? cuz I can't find anything about that in our anthology...(do u mean the unknown extract that we compare with the ones that we've already learned?)

with sonnet 116 it asked to compare it to a specific poem but unfortunately i can’t remember which, sorry!
yes as for the mother/child extract, it was the unseen poem.
ahhhhhhhh thanks!!!!!! you literally saved my life!!!!

Original post by kbajj
with sonnet 116 it asked to compare it to a specific poem but unfortunately i can’t remember which, sorry!
yes as for the mother/child extract, it was the unseen poem.
Does anyone know what May come up for the characters in OMAM for the English lit igcse edexel paper this June?
Reply 15
Original post by Latingirl76
Does anyone know what May come up for the characters in OMAM for the English lit igcse edexel paper this June?

Crooks came up in the January non regional paper, so it’s likely that it will not be him. I am not sure, and I am wondering what character could come up as well. If you find out any information regarding the OMAM exam, please let me know.
Reply 16
Original post by evastudies
Crooks came up in the January non regional paper, so it’s likely that it will not be him. I am not sure, and I am wondering what character could come up as well. If you find out any information regarding the OMAM exam, please let me know.

Hey, im doing my exam soon too and after looking at what characters and themes have come up for OMAM in the past few years exams i believe that the question may be on curley's wife OR who do you think is the most powerful character in the novella. I highly doubt that any questions on slim, crooks or candy will be asked aswell as a few questions have been asked on them recently. AND last year's exam character question was on curley and the exam board have been know for asking opposite questions to the ones asked in the previous year - if that makes sense :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by k.dawg
Hey, im doing my exam soon too and after looking at what characters and themes have come up for OMAM in the past few years exams i believe that the question may be on curley's wife OR who do you think is the most powerful character in the novella. I highly doubt that any questions on slim, crooks or candy will be asked aswell as a few questions have been asked on them recently. AND last year's exam character question was on curley and the exam board have been know for asking opposite questions to the ones asked in the previous year - if that makes sense :smile:

Thank you! This very helpful.
do you have any idea about which anthology poem could come up?
Reply 18
Original post by evastudies
Thank you! This very helpful.
do you have any idea about which anthology poem could come up?

This is more difficult to answer. Hmmm I think that the poetry will be a comparison between ‘remember’ and ‘do not go gentle into that good night’. These poems have appeared less frequently recently and I feel like they are similar enough to be compared. But I think ‘prayer before birth’ or ‘war photographer’ could also come up. Idk tho. I hope I’m right 🤞. Good luck with your exams as well!! I have my drama one tomorrow *😬
Reply 19
What time are you doing your english lit on the 17th?

Quick Reply

Latest