The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

im sorry if any of it came across as patronising, i legit didnt mean it to ahahah. tbf im not like one of them 70+/75 math geniuses myself sooo :')
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the FP1 paper.

Reasonable paper I thought, a few tricky bits

Can u do s3 and s4 this year or is it not possible
For the transformation P I put the wrong angle but I still put rotation about origin, so would I get 1 out of 2 marks, and for thw geometrical transformation of QR and OP I put enlargement by 2 and translation by a vector, would that get any marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foutre en L'air
I've never seen the FP1 100UMS boundary be less than 75, hmm

Me either but I think (hope) the difficulty of this paper warrants it
Original post by Foutre en L'air
I've never seen the FP1 100UMS boundary be less than 75, hmm

I think there was one paper where it was 74
Original post by kelvin1338
X

Your profile pic is sooo funny
Original post by Arsey
i would imagine it is 1 mark for sf = 2 and one mark for parallel

Hey Arsey,

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like this year for FP1?

Cheers.
Do you guys think we lose marks for writing 1/root 2 instead of root 2/2 ???
Original post by NotNotBatman
I did Worse than I thought, 67/75.

Don't let that get blown out of proportion - try and get a 100 in the rest of your exams. :smile:
Will 63/64 most likely be an A on this paper considering how the majority are finding it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Will 63/64 most likely be an A on this paper considering how the majority are finding it

Posted from TSR Mobile

the average mark for an A from all FP1 papers is 63.4 so borderline
Original post by marinara pizza
the average mark for an A from all FP1 papers is 63.4 so borderline

I would have thought considering this paper and last years paper that this Mark should be an A, considering last years paper was more straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would have thought considering this paper and last years paper that this Mark should be an A, considering last years paper was more straightforward

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe, last years was 62 for an A but i guess time will tell

The highest it has ever been was 62 and the majority found it slightly harder than previous years' papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GarlicBread01
Why was last year's two proof by induction question worth 6 marks each but this year the proof were only worth 5 marks? Any reason in particular? They're pretty similar proofs

i think the examiners change the marks for proof by induction based on what the other marks are for the other questions. say they had made the paper but it was out of 73, they'd need to add two marks in. which i think they'd probably just make the proof by induction worth two more marks. i've seen proof's by inductions worth 4-8 marks when really theyre not loads different :smile:
Original post by don't cry-craft

The highest it has ever been was 62 and the majority found it slightly harder than previous years' papers.

not true, june 2010 and 2011 were 64
(edited 7 years ago)
67/68 i think
Original post by NotNotBatman
I did Worse than I thought, 67/75.

walked out of the exam thinking 73 max - after checking the markscheme, i think i got 67 or 68 :/ got 82 ums last time hoping 67 or 68 is at least 85 ums
73/75

forgot to write twice the length, i just calculated both gradients and they were the same. Thought it would be enough.

substituted p=+root2 into the wrong equation at the end hahaha.

Found this much easier than C1 tbh.
Original post by marinara pizza
not true, june 2010 and 2011 were 64

You mean jan 2010 and 2011. June was 62 for both.

Latest

Trending

Trending