The Student Room Group

Official M1 OCR 2016 Thread

Hi guys, M1 will be sat this upcoming Friday, How do we feel about it? Any predictions on what may come up?I'm expecting it to be difficult in comparison to previus years given how C1 and C2 have turned out.

Scroll to see replies

I no idea & am legit scared right now.
Reply 2
Original post by bubbletealover
Hi guys, M1 will be sat this upcoming Friday, How do we feel about it? Any predictions on what may come up?I'm expecting it to be difficult in comparison to previus years given how C1 and C2 have turned out.
I sat edexcel m1 on 8th of June so I'm a bit confused as to why you're sitting it this Friday my tips would be revise as much as you possibly can some questions on my paper were ridiculous and edexcel are supposed to have slightly easier questions than other boards remember the suvat equations and newton's 2nd law of motion F=ma and conservation of momentum and impulse principles such as I=mv-mu I=force x time momentum=mass x velocity unit vector â=ã/|ã| module symbol means take the psotive sign value so even if it's negative take it as positive and interpretation and logical reasoning are essential to successfully answering m1 questions also assumptions using knowledge of modelling a scenario mathematically speed=|velocity|.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bubbletealover
Furthermore, representing the data given in question using force diagrams are vital to make life easier for motion graphs gradient=acceleration displacement=area if the question mention that for e.g. a vehicle is moving at a constant velocity then you must draw a Straight line on your graph representing a stationary motion/gradient then a deceleration which is given by magnitude of acceleration so a body is slowing Down if it has a negative acceleration oh and acceleration due to gravity is fixed rate of 9.8ms^-2 and position vector from fixed origin is r=r.+tV V=r-r./t.
Reply 4
For OCR (not mei), I am right in assuming a question has never come up involving vectors? Can one come up involving vectors for this exam board?
Original post by duncant
For OCR (not mei), I am right in assuming a question has never come up involving vectors? Can one come up involving vectors for this exam board?

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 12.44.48.png This is taken from the OCR Spec for M1. Looks like they will not ask a question that explicitly involves vectors.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
C1 was a shocker, C2 was a beauty so I'm not sure what M1 holds in store for us! Vectors is not on the syllabus for OCR M1.
Is the exam at 9 or 2 tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by drandy76
Is the exam at 9 or 2 tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

13:30
ah I feel so stupid making a thread asking for last years paper when I can ask it properly here. -_- I'm wondering if any of you guys have the M1 2015 paper? If so could you send it to me please? :biggrin:
anyone else hate graph questions -.-?
Original post by Noodle-Chan
ah I feel so stupid making a thread asking for last years paper when I can ask it properly here. -_- I'm wondering if any of you guys have the M1 2015 paper? If so could you send it to me please? :biggrin:

Question paper:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52c1f91ee4b0a77a50337e61/t/56bf9f512fe1311b18cf8a2f/1455398746003/OCR+M1+June+2015.pdf

Mark scheme:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/52c1f91ee4b0a77a50337e61/t/56bf9f8ccf80a19cf8e5bcfb/1455398809767/OCR+M1+June+2015+mark+scheme.pdf
Original post by duncanjgraham
anyone else hate graph questions -.-?

I hate when it tells you to draw the graph :/
Original post by swagmister
I hate when it tells you to draw the graph :/

i like thinking about the actual objects instead of the motion of objects haha
Can I cry yet?
worst paper ever?
How did you find the last 2 questions?
Does anyone remember the answers for them so we can compare?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending