Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Graduate entry medicine advice

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, In a bit of a difficult situation at the moment was wondering if anyone would be able to help. I was planning to apply for graduate entry medicine but ended up doing quite badly on the ukcat, averaging roughly 580. I have my UCAS form ready, so I'm thinking of applying to 5 year courses as not to waste my application. Which universities do I stand a good chance of recieving an interview/offer? My qualifications/work experience are as follows -
    • 2.1 in Biomedical science
    • A*AB at A level in Geology, Biology and Chemistry
    • 4A's 4B's and a C at GCSE
    • 6 Days on hospital work experience (Shadowing) in various wards/surgery
    • 4 weeks GP shadowing
    • Voluntary work at a charity shop over 3 years
    • Starting hospital volunteering soon, for a minimum period of 6 months
    So far the universities I have in mind are Keele and UEA

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I take it that you didn't sit GAMSAT? Keele and UEA 5year courses are good options from what I have researched. Keele reject scores in the bottom 20% nationally and UEA don't have a cut off from what I have read.

Have you considered sitting BMAT? I think that is in November but I have no idea when the registration deadline is/was...

ReputationRep:
    The trouble is funding....you have to pay the first 4 years of tuition fees yourself for the 5 year course (just fyi incase you didn't know)

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.