The Student Room Group

Swansea Medicine 2024 Entry - Offer Holders

Congrats on getting an offer from Swansea for 2024!

Setting up this thread so we're not flooding the main GEM thread. Might be helpful for any questions, e.g. accommodation.

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately I was outright rejected without any specified reason. Is this normal? It says rejected on UCAS but no actual email from Swansea itself. I saw others had got put on waiting lists but I've been outright rejected with no reason! This doesn't seem right? I thought the interview went well and I could answer everything (but slight delay before answering questions because of my Dyspraxia), I can't even begin to put mysadness into words.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Hi all!
Original post by bethesda11
Unfortunately I was outright rejected without any specified reason. Is this normal? It says rejected on UCAS but no actual email from Swansea itself. I saw others had got put on waiting lists but I've been outright rejected with no reason! This doesn't seem right? I thought the interview went well and I could answer everything (but slight delay before answering questions because of my Dyspraxia), I can't even begin to put mysadness into words.
Sorry to hear about this. I think the best thing would be to contact them directly and ask for feedback.
Is Swansea anyone else's first choice?
Mine is
Reply 6
Original post by Biomed2019

Yep. And thinking of just accepting now as realistically will still pick swansea even if I get offers anywhere else
Sorry to hear about this. I think the best thing would be to contact them directly and ask for feedback.
Thanks I will do that, it is just weird because every other university gave me a reason for rejection but Swansea.
Just got my offer!! Only Scotgem to go now…!
Original post by aspiringgem
Congrats on getting an offer from Swansea for 2024!

Setting up this thread so we're not flooding the main GEM thread. Might be helpful for any questions, e.g. accommodation.
Do Swansea usually provide an offer holders day? Would love to explore it some more...spent less than 24 hours in total there so far
Reply 10
Original post by hereforanswers!
Do Swansea usually provide an offer holders day? Would love to explore it some more...spent less than 24 hours in total there so far

Pretty sure they do, was mentioned at interview. May time?
Original post by Waghag
Pretty sure they do, was mentioned at interview. May time?
Hey congrats on getting an offer, I was just wondering how did you prepare for your interviews, I think I may have spent too much time answering the questions although they did not really seem to cut me off either so it's hard to tell. I think in one 20 minute interview I only got like 3-4 questions total before time run out for the station. I feel like this probably cost me, I'm trying to dm you on here but tsr won't let me
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 12
Hey congrats on getting an offer, I was just wondering how did you prepare for your interviews, I think I may have spent too much time answering the questions although they did not really seem to cut me off either so it's hard to tell. I think in one 20 minute interview I only got like 3-4 questions total before time run out for the station. I feel like this probably cost me, I'm trying to dm you on here but tsr won't let me

I didn't really do any practicing. Read BMJ articles which helped with the clinician panel, and most of the academic panel question answers came from my work experience which is quite lengthy, I've worked in the NHS for 5 years. Definitely helped that swansea was my last interview.
To be honest this book,
Medical School Interviews by ISC Medical, Oliver picardy and George Lee,
Pretty much gave me the blueprint on how to structure answers in an effective but efficient way
Original post by Waghag
I didn't really do any practicing. Read BMJ articles which helped with the clinician panel, and most of the academic panel question answers came from my work experience which is quite lengthy, I've worked in the NHS for 5 years. Definitely helped that swansea was my last interview.
Thanks I appreciate it, actually I’ve worked in the NHS for about the same time as well actually as a HCA but itseems to have not really make a difference, obviously there’s ethical scenarios in the interview that require you to know about the four pillars of medical ethics otherwise no way you would've got an offer, I did read the BMJ as well but there wasn’t really anything in the questions where I could’ve mentioned it.
Original post by Waghag
By the way, how many questions did they ask you in one 20 minute panel?
Original post by JenniferOlsen
To be honest this book,
Medical School Interviews by ISC Medical, Oliver picardy and George Lee,
Pretty much gave me the blueprint on how to structure answers in an effective but efficient way
tHANK YOU FOR THIS SO MUCH, unfortunately Swansea was my last university still considering me so I have work to do in terms of interviews it seems, by the way how many questions did they ask you in one 20 minute panel, I think I only got 3-4 questions probably I spent too much time answering which I need to work on but they did not cut me off so it's hard to know.
Yeah 99% sure it's mine, the course is just so appealing for me, and I got a great vibe when I was there for interview... just need to work out moving / accommodation logistics. And would be keen for an offer holder day
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 18
Hi everyone, does anyone know what the deadline is to accept the offer? I'm just wondering if I should wait for other offers or accept Swansea already.
Reply 19
Thanks I appreciate it, actually I’ve worked in the NHS for about the same time as well actually as a HCA but itseems to have not really make a difference, obviously there’s ethical scenarios in the interview that require you to know about the four pillars of medical ethics otherwise no way you would've got an offer, I did read the BMJ as well but there wasn’t really anything in the questions where I could’ve mentioned it.

Ahh that's a shame. Almost every clinician question I had related to a healthcare topic and I was able to recall arguments I read. I think I had 4 questions maybe 5. What I did for swansea that I didn't do as well as for others was remembering to relate each question to either my experience or articles I'd read. I didn't really structure my questions or talk about the 4 pillars specifically tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending