The Student Room Group

Keele undergraduate medicine A100 offer holders - 2024 entry

Hey! Thought I’d make a chat for Keele medicine offer holders. It would be lovely to have a chat and get to know some of you!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
Original post by Birchy318
Hey! Thought I’d make a chat for Keele medicine offer holders. It would be lovely to have a chat and get to know some of you!

Hi, are you already there or…?
Reply 3
Original post by KRHmed24
Hi, are you already there or…?

Hey! No I’ve got an offer to start in September. I noticed there wasn’t an offer holders’ chat and I thought it’d be nice to get to know prospective students :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by saraah221
Hi - you know for the interview - is it ALL based around the stimulus they give you before hand, or do they ask other questions out of the stimulus . please could someone let me know. im a bit unsure about the structure

Unfortunately we're not allowed to discuss the contents of the interviews. I think it's near enough impossible to predict what will come up at interview - I found this in my experience anyway. Just keep doing practice questions!
Hey! No I’ve got an offer to start in September. I noticed there wasn’t an offer holders’ chat and I thought it’d be nice to get to know prospective students :smile:

Hey how did your interview go? I had mine today and I’m over analysing everything!! Wish I’d said more etc etc how long until you got your offer from interview to offer?
Reply 6
Original post by crushed-interpre
Hey how did your interview go? I had mine today and I’m over analysing everything!! Wish I’d said more etc etc how long until you got your offer from interview to offer?

Heyyy! Congratulations on getting an Interview! That’s completely normal, do not panic. I was overanalysing everything after my interview as well. I wasn’t overly-confident with how my interview went because it didn’t plan out how I wanted it to in my head but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you haven’t given well, thought-out answers. There are things that I wish I would’ve said but when you’re under pressure with limited time, it’s impossible for the interviewers to see the whole of you and the interviewers understand that. I had my interview on the 4th March and got my offer on the 19th March so 15 days. I wish you the best of luck, I’m sure you’ve smashed it!
Heyyy! Congratulations on getting an Interview! That’s completely normal, do not panic. I was overanalysing everything after my interview as well. I wasn’t overly-confident with how my interview went because it didn’t plan out how I wanted it to in my head but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you haven’t given well, thought-out answers. There are things that I wish I would’ve said but when you’re under pressure with limited time, it’s impossible for the interviewers to see the whole of you and the interviewers understand that. I had my interview on the 4th March and got my offer on the 19th March so 15 days. I wish you the best of luck, I’m sure you’ve smashed it!

Thanks for sounding so reassuring they were really lovely interviewers and yes as you said there wasn’t enough time to say absolutely everything that I wanted to. And some of that comes with experience as well and as this was my only interview experience I’ve a lot riding on it! Do you have any other offers?
Reply 8
Thanks for sounding so reassuring they were really lovely interviewers and yes as you said there wasn’t enough time to say absolutely everything that I wanted to. And some of that comes with experience as well and as this was my only interview experience I’ve a lot riding on it! Do you have any other offers?

100% unfortunately I didn’t get any other interview offers so that made my interview all the more nerve-wracking! How about you?
100% unfortunately I didn’t get any other interview offers so that made my interview all the more nerve-wracking! How about you?

Same this is my only option!
Reply 10
Same this is my only option!

Where did you apply to? I applied to HYMS, Keele, Exeter, and Leeds
Reply 11

Hey! Firstly congrats on your offer. This is so hear warming to have this chat! I've got an interview on the 15th and I was wondering if you got any tips for me?
hi is there a whatsapp group chat for offer holders
do they have an offer holder day
Where did you apply to? I applied to HYMS, Keele, Exeter, and Leeds

HYMS Leeds Lincoln and Keele 👍🏼
Reply 15
Original post by sana-gh
Hey! Firstly congrats on your offer. This is so hear warming to have this chat! I've got an interview on the 15th and I was wondering if you got any tips for me?

If none of the questions come up that you have practiced do not panic! I believe it’s nearly impossible to predict what they can ask you, just remember to breathe. Remember, they’re testing your resilience - they don’t want planned out, robotic answers, they want you to be able to think on the spot using critical thinking skills and metacognition. In your 2 hour gap between interviews, try and distract yourself as you don’t want to get too hung up on the first part. Remember, the second part of your interview doesn’t affect the first and vice versa. Good luck!!
Reply 16
Original post by saraah221
do they have an offer holder day

Hey! Honestly not sure about a WhatsApp group. And yes! They should email you regarding one. I think the last one is in April but I’m not sure
Reply 17
HYMS Leeds Lincoln and Keele 👍🏼

Ahhh no way!!
Reply 18
If none of the questions come up that you have practiced do not panic! I believe it’s nearly impossible to predict what they can ask you, just remember to breathe. Remember, they’re testing your resilience - they don’t want planned out, robotic answers, they want you to be able to think on the spot using critical thinking skills and metacognition. In your 2 hour gap between interviews, try and distract yourself as you don’t want to get too hung up on the first part. Remember, the second part of your interview doesn’t affect the first and vice versa. Good luck!!
Thank you!! 🙏
Ahhh no way!!

I got an offer!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending