Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Has anyone stayed in Cheney St. Village?
    Are they strict about guests staying in your room for more than three nights? Do they check it in any way?
    If I go for an MSc course that is 12 months long Cheney seems to be the only option. What is my chance getting a place in the second round at the end of August (living in Hungary)?
    oH

ReputationRep:
    I'm not able to reply but thought I'd put this thread on the top of the page again as I am also looking for some opinions on Cheney Student Village.

So how is it in general to anyone who's stayed there?

ReputationRep:
    To respond to the OP, if its like all the other halls, they don't really mind as long as you don't take the piss. For example, someone in our blocks last year had a "guest" over for like months on end... so "some people" (mayyyybe me and my flatmate) told the hall wardens and they removed them. So basically, if its say 5 days and they are no trouble, then I dont think they'd even notice.

ReputationRep:
    The sports centre looked great when I went to visit Cheney a couple of weeks ago. The membership costs are very cheap - £27 a year and £2 each time you go (£1.25 during off peak times). I still keep thinking I misread it and that it really said £27 a month.

ReputationRep:
    How many guests within reason would you be allowed at any one time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilko_777)
    How many guests within reason would you be allowed at any one time?
    It's technically one, but I've had 3. As long as you're quiet it doesnt really matter. You can always say that one of them is with your flatmate. You might struggle fitting any more in your room anyway :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2007
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.