The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Accommodation

Hi, I have an offer to study medicine at Leicester but looking at the accommodation i wasnt sure whether to go for the city accommodation or the village, just wondering if anyone could help with pros/cons of each?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I have an offer to study medicine at Leicester but looking at the accommodation i wasnt sure whether to go for the city accommodation or the village, just wondering if anyone could help with pros/cons of each?

Hi i've also have an offer to study medicine at Leicester and I have just booked my accommodation in the village. What helped me decide is talking to current medical students on their website.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hello!
I’m a first year student at UOL and just personal preference I would try go city (please bare in mind I am slightly biased and I will have a lot of pros than cons)

Cons:
Village requires you get on the bus to be able go to campus meaning in the morning and afternoon its crammed when going to campus and when going back to village (respectively).
If you don’t want to take the bus, walking takes over an hour.
Depending how you are and if you want to go on a night out, Ubers/ taxis can become very pricey if you don’t have a group who also live in village.
the nearest grocery store available (they say) is the Asda, which is a pretty far walk tbh haha
if you did want part-time work, it’s hard to travel for it.

Pros:
village itself is very nice and the accommodation and depending on which one you pick you’ll have a good community.
if you want a separated kinda study and home balance (hope this makes sense), village is somewhat nice for that.
a lot more greenery

But it all boils down to personal preference, once again please bear in mind this is my opinion and so I don’t want this to influence you entirely 😆!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending