The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Oxford Brookes University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Oxford Brookes University.

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Applying for BA Music
Attended open day back in June
Excited to start university
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Applying for Motorsport Engineering MEng. Won't be attending any open days since I am an international student. Looking forward to starting university!
how long do offers take to be given
Original post by EauRouge7105
Applying for Motorsport Engineering MEng. Won't be attending any open days since I am an international student. Looking forward to starting university!

Hi @EauRouge7105

We are so glad to hear you are applying for our MEng Motorsport Engineering course!

We wish you best of luck with your application. If you have any queries, do give us a call and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Original post by Anonymous #1
how long do offers take to be given

Hi

We aim to review applications within 10 working days. If you haven’t heard back from us by then, please get in touch. Our contact details can be found on this webpage 🙂

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Original post by Hamish MacLeod
Applying for BA Music
Attended open day back in June
Excited to start university

Hi @Hamish MacLeod

I’m sorry to let you know that Oxford Brookes intends to close the BA Music programme. This means that the programme will not run in September 2024 as previously planned. We have already contacted the applicants this week to notify them about the closure. If you haven't received any communication from us, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. You can find our contact details on this webpage.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and understand that this news may not be what you were expecting.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
(edited 5 months ago)
I've applied for Japanese studies and been offered a place, looking forward to meeting other people on the same course!
Original post by primeval_wolves
I've applied for Japanese studies and been offered a place, looking forward to meeting other people on the same course!

Hi @primeval_wolves

Congratulations on your offer! 🙂

If you have any questions about your offer, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hello, is anyone here applying for Children’s nursing? :smile:))

Hope you all get offers!!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hello, is anyone here applying for Children’s nursing? :smile:))

Hope you all get offers!!

I am! I have an offer :smile:
Original post by Tesshunterx
I am! I have an offer :smile:

Omg congratulations! Do you have a tips for the interview process?!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Omg congratulations! Do you have a tips for the interview process?!

Make sure to be confident and be yourself! Prep for common questions and think of examples where you’ve embodied the 6Cs of nursing and the NHS values, good luck, the team is lovely!
Reply 13
Original post by Tesshunterx
Make sure to be confident and be yourself! Prep for common questions and think of examples where you’ve embodied the 6Cs of nursing and the NHS values, good luck, the team is lovely!
How did you find the interview with the children, that is what i’m nervous about 😬
Original post by Nregan
How did you find the interview with the children, that is what i’m nervous about 😬

I was super nervous but they are lovely, the whole process was super fun :smile:
Hi all,

This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline for the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is approaching for those who have applied for January 2024 entry. It is important to ensure that all your conditions are met before the deadline. You can find more information about CAS by visiting the following links:

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/study/international-students/applying-to-arriving/next-steps/

https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/isat/visas/student-visa/getting-your-cas/starting-a-new-course/

If you have any questions or concerns regarding CAS, please feel free to contact us :smile:

Best wishes,
Shannon
(edited 4 months ago)
Hi there,

Motorsport Engineering MEng. I will not be attending Open days because I am an international student. I am very excited to start University
Original post by Emma Wiese
Motorsport Engineering MEng. I will not be attending Open days because I am an international student. I am very excited to start University

Hi @Emma Wiese

We are glad to hear you are interested in our MEng Motorsport Engineering course! :smile:

We do offer virtual tours and have videos of our different campuses. If you are interested in this, please see this link.

If you have any queries, do get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.

Best wishes,
Shannon
Admissions Office
Hi there,

hi !!
i’ve recently got an offer to study business and marketing management at oxford brookes in september 2024 and was wondering if anyone is applying for the same course?

melanie🎀
Original post by melsloveletterss
hi !!
i’ve recently got an offer to study business and marketing management at oxford brookes in september 2024 and was wondering if anyone is applying for the same course?

melanie🎀

Just to let you know sharing group chats is against our guidelines so I've removed your other post.

Congratulations on your offer, best of luck for the rest of your A-levels!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending