The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth 2017 Applicants

Hello Everyone!

I've just been accepted with a conditional offer from Falmouth University.

Just thought I'd start a forum early to get some advice and news going!

Use this for any questions/thoughts about the uni and just to get to know some friendly faces. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've applied for the popular music course at Falmouth and have interview the 17th February. What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by JJisawesome
Hey, I've applied for the popular music course at Falmouth and have interview the 17th February. What course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Oh cool, have you been to see the uni yet? The music building is amazing! I'm going to study business entrepreneurship :smile:
Yeah I went to the open day in June and yeah the music building was amazing :smile: I also loved the whole campus in general.
Reply 4
Original post by JJisawesome
Yeah I went to the open day in June and yeah the music building was amazing :smile: I also loved the whole campus in general.

Oh good! It's such a lovely location.. Have you thought about accommodation yet? If so, which do you think you'll be going for? :smile:
I stayed in Falmouth for two days and got to see the nightlife and Falmouth town was very alive with lots students out and live music and I lobe that it's right next to the sea. Yeah I have thought of accommodation and I hope to get a single room at glasney village and u?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ive applied for the Television BA course and got my interview in Jan :smile: I'm abit nervous never had a uni interview before anyone know anyone on the course/applied for the course? Plus and interview tips?? :biggrin:
This is my first time going to a uni interview too I'm nervous and excited I really hope I get an offer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I am applying to Film BA at Falmouth! I haven't applied yet but hopefully I get the interview too :biggrin:
I have a Photography interview on Jan 20th!! Excited and hopeful as the uni is just so lovely, any other Photog applicants?
I've applied for undergrad creative writing at Falmouth, and have an interview in March. Anyone else?
I've applied for Creative Event Management and have an interview on 21st January
Hey! I've applied for Film and I've fallen in love with the uni, do you have any advice for the interview process? :smile:
I been offered a place on the film course. When I had my interview it was more like a conversation rather than answering questions.
okay cool, were they interested in grades much? and what did they ask you :smile:
Original post by xoxo1243669
I been offered a place on the film course. When I had my interview it was more like a conversation rather than answering questions.

Oh nice one, I've got an interview on February 17th! What sort of things did they ask you? Always curious as I know it's a really competitive course but they don't ask for a portfolio, so the interview must be the main way of picking people. Congrats on the offer by the way!
Reply 16
As I am studying business the interview may be conducted differently to other courses. However, in interviews it's best just to be yourself. Make sure you know about the course you're studying and have prepared answers to simple questions, such as "why Falmouth" and "why this course". But when I had my interview, it barley felt like an interview at all. In general, there's not much preparation you can do so just try and relax and be yourself. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by libbbbbygibbons
okay cool, were they interested in grades much? and what did they ask you :smile:

During my interview the grades weren't mentioned. We were asked during our lunch break what we were studying, and what we were expecting to get. (The business interviews are done in groups) But they didn't seem too interested at all.

As for what they asked, the business interview is mainly practical based. They wanted to know how we worked with other people and what our personal interests were. (I don't know if this will be the same for your interview). :smile:
Reply 18
There's also a Facebook page (not run by me) for people looking to study at Falmouth this year.

The link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/674503449392842/
I'm applying to BA Music. I have an interview on 17th Feb, I'm hoping it'll all go well as I absolutely love the uni and facilities!

Quick Reply

Latest