The Student Room Group

Exceeding word count in your essay. Specially in short story.

So recently I had my English Language test and wrote a 6&1/2 pages of short story. And my worry is tat the word limit have been 450-500 words. So I think I have definitely surpassed the limit but how much deduction of marks should I expect and how should I try to make my story short and appalling?
Original post by Sbkol035
So recently I had my English Language test and wrote a 6&1/2 pages of short story. And my worry is tat the word limit have been 450-500 words. So I think I have definitely surpassed the limit but how much deduction of marks should I expect and how should I try to make my story short and appalling?

how the hell did you mange to write over six pages and not realise you exceeded the only 500 words limit???
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Reply 2
Original post by isobel_07
how the hell did you mange to write over six pages and not realise you exceeded the only 500 words limit???
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I know it sounds absurbd but I was so engulfed in it being not too short, so focused of it being convincing that I didn't realise what a blunder I was making. Last time I wrote 5 pages and got 18/30 and I am dumbfounded at what to expect this time.

Quick Reply

Latest