The Student Room Group

Coursework feels so dragged out

I've been working on this final year coursework for the past 3 weeks. I started the term thinking this might be my favourite module and the module I would do the best in, given that it's probably objectively the easiest, and grade distributions in the past years were very high (68% average last year).

Coursework didn't go as expected. The submission due date is 10am tomorrow. I've finished the coursework and hit the word count, and have tidied up my references. But the whole thing just feels so forced and ********ted. Always feel like I'm pulling things out of my ass and using circular reasoning. I planned to spend the weekend just perfecting my work, but now I feel so bored about this and just wanna submit what I feel is incomplete and imperfect work.

Just stress rambling now
Original post by zctpyx0
I've been working on this final year coursework for the past 3 weeks. I started the term thinking this might be my favourite module and the module I would do the best in, given that it's probably objectively the easiest, and grade distributions in the past years were very high (68% average last year).

Coursework didn't go as expected. The submission due date is 10am tomorrow. I've finished the coursework and hit the word count, and have tidied up my references. But the whole thing just feels so forced and ********ted. Always feel like I'm pulling things out of my ass and using circular reasoning. I planned to spend the weekend just perfecting my work, but now I feel so bored about this and just wanna submit what I feel is incomplete and imperfect work.

Just stress rambling now

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are stressed and burnt out from your essay. I understand the feeling as it happens quite a lot to me as well.

It is good to hear that you have spent a long time on your essay- it means you will have given thought and put in effort into the work. I think importantly is the ability to tackle burn outs during coursework periods. I find it quite useful to take my mind of coursework from time to time by going to socials, or spending time on hobbies or exercises. This can really help to refocus your energy, and perhaps it is something you could try when other deadlines are due?

Try to stay motivated in your final year and keep going. All the best with your essays.

Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by zctpyx0

Just stress rambling now

Hey there!

I completely understand how you're feeling right now. Final year coursework can be quite challenging and it's normal to feel overwhelmed at times. It sounds like you've put in a lot of effort and reached the word count, which is a great accomplishment. Remember, it's okay if your work isn't perfect. What matters is that you've learned and grown throughout the process.

If you have some time before the submission deadline, I would suggest taking a short break to clear your mind and recharge. Sometimes stepping away from your work for a little while can help you gain a fresh perspective. When you come back to it, try to focus on the aspects that you feel are incomplete or need improvement. Prioritize those areas and make any necessary revisions. Remember, you've already done the hard part of completing the coursework.
If you're still unsure about certain parts of your work, don't hesitate to reach out to your classmates, friends, or even your teacher for some guidance. They might provide you with valuable insights or suggestions that could help enhance your coursework.

Lastly, try not to be too hard on yourself. You've dedicated three weeks to this coursework, and that's a significant amount of time and effort. Trust in your abilities and know that your hard work will pay off. Stay positive and believe in yourself.
You've got this! Good luck with your submission, and remember to take care of yourself too.

Best regards,
Ilya :smile:
Original post by zctpyx0

Just stress rambling now

Hi there.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. However, I usually feel similarly stressed when writing a longer and challenging essay. I think that it's easy to get overwhelmed with theories. I'd suggest that you try to refresh your brain and read through your essay for edits to improve clarity etc. I'd recommend having the mark scheme beside you to refer to while doing this.

I know that this is challenging but the best thing that you can do is work on making it the best that it can be. I'm sure that you'll do great

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending