The Student Room Group

Revision exams 2017

I have only started revising today can I still get top grades ?
In theory you can start anytime and still get top grades, just depends how much you want to put in. If you feel like you've started late because of constant delaying and others starting before you, don't worry and there is still time. It's important you use your time to visualise what you know and don't know and try to organise what you'd need to do revise it. Do not be afraid to speak to teachers to help you talk through things you don't understand, and don't be peer pressured by other people telling you what to do in terms of revision and when to do it. In terms of what you can do to revise, if it's something like maths you struggle at and you've been getting Cs or something in practise then I suggest going through past papers and you'll notice a pattern as to what exams like to include and it helps you reduce things you feel more obliged to revise. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate, I started revising way later and came out with AMAZING grades so yeah, you just have to be dedicated. Don't sweat it though, its just GCSE
Yeah I don't think there's any point. Just give up. Should have started yesterday.
My head is hurting just even thinking about how much HW I have and how much I have to do revision wise. Some of my friends started a few weeks ago and am feeling bad because my teachers know I work hard and they have expectations and I feel as if am letting everyone down. I don't know what to do! I have 39 days...
Original post by studiouspotato
Mate, I started revising way later and came out with AMAZING grades so yeah, you just have to be dedicated. Don't sweat it though, its just GCSE

Well I think they are relatively important if you want you to take a certain course at college/sixth form, and I think that's something you tell people after they've completed the exams so they don't go into thinking "yolo who cares" because you know darn well it's much easier to give up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAlchemistress
My head is hurting just even thinking about how much HW I have and how much I have to do revision wise. Some of my friends started a few weeks ago and am feeling bad because my teachers know I work hard and they have expectations and I feel as if am letting everyone down. I don't know what to do! I have 39 days...

What do you mean you don't know what to do? Start revising maybe? The more you keep worrying about not revising, the more time you'll spend not revising.
Original post by TheAlchemistress

If you're that worried, just look over the paragraph I did earlier in this discussion, it might be relevant to you. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest