The Student Room Group

Help with level 3 social science

I am doing a course which is called Level 3 social science and it is a btec which includes psychology, criminology and law. I am in year 1 right now which consists of Psychology and Criminology.
I am having trouble studying on the days I am not in, which are Wednesdays, where the campus is shut, and Fridays, when it isn't.
What should I be doing on those days, when I don't have any assignments to do?
Also when teachers say read around, what do they mean?
Hi there,

It's really positive to hear that you want to put in the extra time to study! Just because an assignment hasn't been set it doesn't mean that there won't be work for you to be doing, it might that you have an essay due next month in which case you could use your time to start researching your topic.

If you are unsure of the reading, email your tutors, I am certain they will be more than happy to suggest some things to help you!
Reply 2
Original post by CCCU -Rep
Hi there,

It's really positive to hear that you want to put in the extra time to study! Just because an assignment hasn't been set it doesn't mean that there won't be work for you to be doing, it might that you have an essay due next month in which case you could use your time to start researching your topic.

If you are unsure of the reading, email your tutors, I am certain they will be more than happy to suggest some things to help you!

Do I need to do extra study time in order to get distinction and merits? Because I am someone who also needs time to relax as I can get too stressed otherwise
Reply 3
Original post by Edland64
I am doing a course which is called Level 3 social science and it is a btec which includes psychology, criminology and law. I am in year 1 right now which consists of Psychology and Criminology.
I am having trouble studying on the days I am not in, which are Wednesdays, where the campus is shut, and Fridays, when it isn't.
What should I be doing on those days, when I don't have any assignments to do?
Also when teachers say read around, what do they mean?

I am also doing similar subjects at BTEC level 3 in Law , Business and IT, i don't have any assignments to do as well but we do have externally assessed exams in January which is in two months so right now i am revising for each subject you should start revising unit 1 for law which is : dispute solving in civil law. you need to cover all the content for the exam i will leave a link down below.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Applied-Law/2017/Specification/btec-l3-nat-ext-cert-in-applied-law-spec.pdf
Reply 4
Original post by DO16_DNE

I am also doing similar subjects at BTEC level 3 in Law , Business and IT, i don't have any assignments to do as well but we do have externally assessed exams in January which is in two months so right now i am revising for each subject you should start revising unit 1 for law which is : dispute solving in civil law. you need to cover all the content for the exam i will leave a link down below.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Applied-Law/2017/Specification/btec-l3-nat-ext-cert-in-applied-law-spec.pdf

I am not doing law at all until year 2, I do have a controlled assessment in criminology in December and my first psychology exam in ia5
Reply 5

I am not doing law at all until year 2, I do have a controlled assessment in criminology in December and my first psychology exam in ia5

*in January
Reply 6
*in January

oh i see , but it is a really good idea of revising the content now for January so that you are prepared , i am trying to get a Distinction in January for all my courses so i wouldn't have to re-sit them then i can just do my coursework in peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending