The Student Room Group

Edexcel english literature conflict poetry anthology comparisons

It is getting close to the real gcse exams and I really haven't done much revision, and poetry anthology is one of the things that will require a lot of time which I don't have to revise. I was wandering if there was a way I could match up the poems so I don't have to learn all 15 conflict poems from the edexcel anthology as most resources are for aqa and it would be very time consuming. Also, it would be helpful to know which poems are most likely to come up this year
Sadly we don't know any of that. U have to read all 15 and pick out quotations 🙂 I haven't even started reading the poems 🥲
Original post by Thomas.marvulli
It is getting close to the real gcse exams and I really haven't done much revision, and poetry anthology is one of the things that will require a lot of time which I don't have to revise. I was wandering if there was a way I could match up the poems so I don't have to learn all 15 conflict poems from the edexcel anthology as most resources are for aqa and it would be very time consuming. Also, it would be helpful to know which poems are most likely to come up this year

Is the poetry section in paper 2?
Original post by Evil Homer
Is the poetry section in paper 2?

Yes that poetry paper is in paper 2
Reply 4

https://www.chestnutgrove.org.uk/MainFolder/Krystel/English/2017/Conflict-Poetry-Revision-Guide.pdf

ive also been looking at edexcel resources and trying to find which poems go best together but yesterday i was doing a past paper and went through the markscheme and basically for question 3 in section b it lists what poems go together with the poem that has been given to you
its kinda helpful but then again theres only two past papers since this spec is new

Quick Reply

Latest